Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OTT on the airlines part me thinks.

OTT on the airlines part me thinks.

Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:19 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OTT on the airlines part me thinks.

Damn good ... bleedin kids on flight send me mad ..
I never believe one side of a story anyway ...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years back with BMI, they told me I could not use my car seat on the plane because it was rear racing even though I had purchased a ticket for my daughter. When I asked to speak to a supervisior she was very defensive and kept telling me to lower my voice even though I do not think I was shouting personally I think she was pissed because I asked to how my daughter was safer being held on my lap totally unrestrained verses being fastened in a car seat... she never did give me a real answer.
Why would she be totally unrestrained ? ..... I took my then 'Baby' daughter on my lap a couple of years ago and she was in a harness attatched as an add on to my own seat belt.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I assume you're with Delta? Can you hook me up with some Buddy Passes, Miss Scouse?
We used to be all set on United until they outsourced my wife's job to India.... :curse:

Wouldn't be much to ask: FWA-ATL-EDI
Sorry Matey I dont work for delta...AirTran Im afraid
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:49 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
Sorry Matey I dont work for delta...AirTran Im afraid
I'll have to give you pity karma now.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I'll have to give you pity karma now.
Thanx I need it!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Why would she be totally unrestrained ? ..... I took my then 'Baby' daughter on my lap a couple of years ago and she was in a harness attatched as an add on to my own seat belt.
your guess is as good as mine!

First trip we ever took her on (she was 3 months old) we did not get her, her own seat that was on a United flight we were given a 'belly belt' for take off/ landing and any time the seat belt sign was lit.

On that trip were she was unrestrained I had paid for her a ticket on 3 flights each way. I used her car seat no probs on both of the United flights on the heathrow to teeside BMI flight I was told that her car seat and belly belts were unsafe. It was 2 years ago so unless something has changed that is BMI's rule.

In all fairness I made a complaint and did get a refund for the BMI portion of the flight.

Ash
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:23 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I read this earlier, has me scratching my head.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5472927

I know if I were on the plane I would rather have a happy kid saying 'bye bye plane' then screaming and crying.
What a horrible bitch!!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:35 am

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

It does sound like the flight attendant behaved awfully but then whoever wrote the story appeared to only talk to the passenger and not, it would seem anyone else on the flight (inlcuding the attendant), bar the stock response they got from the airline
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by special ed
It does sound like the flight attendant behaved awfully but then whoever wrote the story appeared to only talk to the passenger and not, it would seem anyone else on the flight (inlcuding the attendant), bar the stock response they got from the airline
Didn't they quote another passenger/witness too?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:08 am

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Didn't they quote another passenger/witness too?
You're right, I missed that part.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

You're right, I missed that part.
Doesn't look good for Continetal does it? With 2 kids I would think twice about flying with them.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:11 am

Doesn't look good for Continetal does it? With 2 kids I would think twice about flying with them.
Find me an airline which doesn't employ crabby attendants
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Find me an airline which doesn't employ crabby attendants
Huh?... I'm not a miracle worker