Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Other than alcohol and games, what are the similarities between American and UK pub?

Other than alcohol and games, what are the similarities between American and UK pub?

Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Brync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud of
Default Re: Other than alcohol and games, what are the similarities between American and UK p

Originally Posted by goldcrown
Because I'm not seeing much in common! For example:

http://mysite.verizon.net/cornerpub/

Can't bring family if not 21 years of age, pub sells sweatshirts, and I've not seen a pub in England, anyway, to which one could bring food as in a potluck.

Are there many (any?) pubs in America you think are very much like a UK pub?
Absolutely none!! There's a "British" pub in Little Rock, they charge you $5 to get in and its about as British as Outer Mongolia. It's absolutely crap, they'd make a lot more money if they charged $5 to get out.....
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:15 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Other than alcohol and games, what are the similarities between American and UK p

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

Of the bars I listed, this is the only one I've never been to. I did show the site to a guy I work with who is married to a woman from Scotland. They are both excited about checking it out so I'll post a review after I find out what they thought.