Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT - Wedding Contest

OT - Wedding Contest

Old Sep 11th 2003, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

girlyflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT - Wedding Contest

Hi there, I read a lot of these forums and know this is probably a little unorthodox, but thought I'd give it a go anyway. My finace and I are patiently waiting for approval of our K-1 visa. I read this board everyday for support and stories and experiences. And for the most part I get the comfort I am looking for.

Meanwhile, I entered a contest and if we win, the prizes total $25,000. Since we are shaky on our timeline, planning a "real" wedding is going to be difficult, but we'll give it a go anyway. I thought if a few of you might check it out, read our story and vote, you could help give two fellow K-1ers a nice wedding.

The voting goes till Friday night. Go to www.thepwgdc.com and click on vote. We are in the second column - David and Lindsay - Any votes would be appreciated... =)
Old Sep 11th 2003, 5:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT - Wedding Contest

Originally posted by girlyflyer
Hi there, I read a lot of these forums and know this is probably a little unorthodox, but thought I'd give it a go anyway. My finace and I are patiently waiting for approval of our K-1 visa. I read this board everyday for support and stories and experiences. And for the most part I get the comfort I am looking for.

Meanwhile, I entered a contest and if we win, the prizes total $25,000. Since we are shaky on our timeline, planning a "real" wedding is going to be difficult, but we'll give it a go anyway. I thought if a few of you might check it out, read our story and vote, you could help give two fellow K-1ers a nice wedding.

The voting goes till Friday night. Go to www.thepwgdc.com and click on vote. We are in the second column - David and Lindsay - Any votes would be appreciated... =)

I just voted for you!! I hope you win.

Leslie
Old Sep 11th 2003, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point

What a lovely story! Consider yourselves voted for and good luck for the future!

Cheers,
Amy
Old Sep 11th 2003, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Leslie66
I just voted for you!! I hope you win.

Leslie

Thanks, I saw it had some views but no one responded.... =(
I know it's kind of silly, but.........
Old Sep 11th 2003, 5:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I read your story too, it is very sweet. Good luck.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

mrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you have another vote from me, and best wishes to the two of you!

Cheers

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~group hug time!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 5:52 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! You have my vote too

Debbie
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay and David,

You've got my vote! I met my fiance under very similar circumstances, halfway around the world, never knowing the reason our paths crossed 6 years ago, until we decided to get engaged. What's meant to be, will be! :-)

Rene
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mrpink
Well, you have another vote from me, and best wishes to the two of you!

Cheers

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~group hug time!

Aww, Mister Pink, even after our almost run-in yesterday...=) Aren't you the sweatheart!!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:14 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, Mister Pink, even after our almost run-in yesterday...=) Aren't you the sweatheart!!
Yes, he is...............

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (NSC, Day 105, halfway through??)
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

purvi is an unknown quantity at this point

Voted for you
hope u win it and also get the K-1 soon!!!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

You have my vote also Best of luck to you!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

See, girlyflyer - I told you this was a good idea!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Alecca
See, girlyflyer - I told you this was a good idea!
Yeah thanks, every bit helps...I find out Saturday if I'm one of the final 4 and then Sunday if I win. So if I don't show my face around here next week ( heehee), you'll know it was a no go!
Old Sep 11th 2003, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Trinity is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I just voted for you. I read several of the other stories and I certainly think yours is the best. My husbands from Belfast too, so I'm way partial to you!

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.