Wikiposts

OT: US Passport

Old Apr 4th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

NCTarheel is on a distinguished road
Default OT: US Passport

Has anyone who recently applied for a new US passport received the e-passport that the State Dept. has been talking about?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:10 pm
Jackie

Default Re: US Passport

> Has anyone who recently applied for a new US passport received the e-
    > passport that the State Dept. has been talking about?

My kids got their US passports in February. Traditional ones. However, we
applied for them (in January) in the consulate in Poland.

BTW - these new passports look cool :)
http://travel.state.gov/passport/eppt/epptnew_2807.html

Jackie

Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:12 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: US Passport

Originally Posted by NCTarheel
Has anyone who recently applied for a new US passport received the e-passport that the State Dept. has been talking about?
Funny you mention that. I just made an appointment for next week at a local Post Office for my US passport application. Sounds as if I may get an e-passport with the fancy pictures in it.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=NCTarheel]Has anyone who recently applied for a new US passport received the e-passport that the State Dept. has been talking about?[/QUOTE
I received my US passport late 2005. The GOV WEB site implied that the new look passports were out, I did not get one. When I made inquiries as to why I had been sent the old type, they said "That the new ones were delayed & may not be out until late 2006. Of course, could be next week.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

NCTarheel is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Funny you mention that. I just made an appointment for next week at a local Post Office for my US passport application. Sounds as if I may get an e-passport with the fancy pictures in it.
Just curious, why did you have to make an appointment at the post office to apply for the passport? I just walked into my local post office, submitted the application and was out in 10 minutes.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NCTarheel
Just curious, why did you have to make an appointment at the post office to apply for the passport? I just walked into my local post office, submitted the application and was out in 10 minutes.
Hi:

Depends on the local PO and when they have a Passport Agent present.