Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT- trolls and monsters under the bed

OT- trolls and monsters under the bed

Old Sep 27th 2003, 2:54 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT- trolls and monsters under the bed

Trolls in this and other sites only seek attention. If people would simply ignore his posts, and NOT respond in any way, after a while he would disappear. It will get worse- he will fill the place full of posts, and all will be sorely tempted to strike back- which is exactly what he wants.

Its up to members here to JUSY IGNORE HIM. He'll get bored and go away.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 3:22 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by billwilson597
You are right, and let me add even further,,,

Only a few people here respond all the time to the trolls...

Mr. Pink
Leslie 66
T Biller
Dekka

to name the worst offenders..

and now they have drawn others members into regulary responding to the troll. They have even launched brand new posts that are the same type of posts as the trolls or even worse.

So what is the difference I ask? They have become no better than the evil they attack. I see no difference in some of the "regulars" here and the trolls. I think its time to look in the mirror.

I found this site because I let a fellow housesit for me and he was a prankster here, so that they even think that I am a prankster myself. I dont really care about posting that much, I do like to come here and read.

I have been watching this, and some of the "regulars" here should be quite ashamed of their behavior. I have watched them behave just as badly as any troll who has come here, and no there is no excuse...

You are correct about the remedy. I told them this very same thing before I left for Nam, and when I got back, it was worse. The moderator has told them also. They are obviously just as troubled as the troll.
"Bill", as someone who may have just missed being on your shortlist I was tempted to ignore this post for the same reason that I have been trying to ignore the others. However, I would like to clarify a couple of points. When did you go to "Nam"? Have you actually done a search on the posts from your username?

I have and I can't see any change in your style of posting right from the time you first started using that name. I thought the other users in here should know so that they can choose whether to ignore your postings or not.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, and let me add even further,,,

Only a few people here respond all the time to the trolls...

Mr. Pink
Leslie 66
T Biller
Dekka

to name the worst offenders..

and now they have drawn others members into regulary responding to the troll. They have even launched brand new posts that are the same type of posts as the trolls or even worse.

So what is the difference I ask? They have become no better than the evil they attack. I see no difference in some of the "regulars" here and the trolls. I think its time to look in the mirror.

I found this site because I let a fellow housesit for me and he was a prankster here, so that they even think that I am a prankster myself. I dont really care about posting that much, I do like to come here and read.

I have been watching this, and some of the "regulars" here should be quite ashamed of their behavior. I have watched them behave just as badly as any troll who has come here, and no there is no excuse...

You are correct about the remedy. I told them this very same thing before I left for Nam, and when I got back, it was worse. The moderator has told them also. They are obviously just as troubled as the troll.
Yes one of these trolls hijacked my username.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 3:42 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

then you can see I have been gone a few weeks, and unlike you I dont need this place. Im sorry the truth hurts, are you disappointed you were not included? I have always found your posts to be of a constructive nature, and now you digress as well. Indeed the whole place is toxic now I guess.

I am going to go into town and buy some groceries. It looks like its going to be a lovely day.

I will also so to a couple of bookstores. I like to read and enjoy books. I go to the half-price bookstores and I also love the big booksales the libraries put on some times.
Good luck with the reading.

I will let others form their own opinion of me and you, they can make their own decisions.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gasherjohn
"Bill", as someone who may have just missed being on your shortlist I was tempted to ignore this post for the same reason that I have been trying to ignore the others. However, I would like to clarify a couple of points. When did you go to "Nam"? Have you actually done a search on the posts from your username?

I have and I can't see any change in your style of posting right from the time you first started using that name. I thought the other users in here should know so that they can choose whether to ignore your postings or not.
Of course you should ignore them. It is precisely the same person. Do an NG search. Same pattern. He trolls us mercilessly for about a week, with inane stuff and thread bumping back to 2001 (like he did with Seadave and Jon and the dead Garyyrobinson and Fernie and all the earlier aliases he was very careful to delete the bulk of his threads for after the fact). He then disappears after being called out as a troll, coming back now only after 20 or so aliases have been similarly outted, offering only with a 9th grade excuse for why the past conduct should be excused (My computersitter did it while I was out of the country -- which is right up there with "my dog ate my homework" and "I thought you couldn't get pregnant standing up" in terms of the cognitive horsepower required to advance them.

This post, like many others of this clearly disturbed person, also evinces his belief that memories are short and that he is smarter than everyone else. He originally claimed to be a Nam POW in a thread he started called "O/T Driven to Optimism" (in response to Mr. Pink's thread called "O/T Driven to Cynicism", which eloquently first expressed the concerns I think most of us feel about the trolling). A regular member challenged him on it, he posted a link to a legitimate POW's name, then very shortly thereafter, after about a week or so of continuing inane spamming and bumping of years-old threads, he disappeared. (I note that the Vietnam POW claim has been deleted from his original post now, but I suspect you can still find it on Usenet.)

Now, I can't speak for you, but if you were held prisoner of war in a country during wartime, would you be chomping at the bit to go back there on vacation as Bill claims he just did with his "wife"? (Who was, as of August 26 at least, only his fiance?)

/shake her head

I wish there was a way we could sticky the tRoll call. It wouldn't help Usenet folks, admittedly, but at least new Expats members would be forewarned in advance and could save time wading through the BS.

I'm going back to trying to sort how someone with 4 postings *total* (my beloved husband Dekka) can be accused of actually trolling.....an oxymoron if ever I heard one.

P.S. Gasherjohn you have a good heart. You always hope for the best.

Last edited by Dekka's Angel; Sep 27th 2003 at 4:42 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 4:06 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

then you can see I have been gone a few weeks, and unlike you I dont need this place. Im sorry the truth hurts, are you disappointed you were not included? I have always found your posts to be of a constructive nature, and now you digress as well. Indeed the whole place is toxic now I guess.

I am going to go into town and buy some groceries. It looks like its going to be a lovely day.

I will also so to a couple of bookstores. I like to read and enjoy books. I go to the half-price bookstores and I also love the big booksales the libraries put on some times.

Hi Bill,

What's your timeline?

Leslie66