Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: with trepidation -- is it the lawyer's fault if no green card?

OT: with trepidation -- is it the lawyer's fault if no green card?

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT: with trepidation -- is it the lawyer's fault if no green card?

http://bibdaily.com/%2Fpdfs%2FLunn.pdf

BTW, any marriage with a lawyer invovles dual representation. If a marriage goes sour, I would dump BOTH husband and wife due to conflict. The Fragomen firm's position is a tad different -- their representation of any particular alien is ancillary to their primary representation of the employer. In other words, could Mr. Lunn's past force the Fragomen firm to dump all the Praxair cases AND the alien's in question?

2nd BTW, I've mentioned before the tendency of attorneys to personalize their clients' cases -- John Mortimer has used this for comic effect in the Rumpole stories. A colleague once mentioned to me that "It pays to remember that it was the client, not the lawyer, who sold cocaine to an undercover police officer -- across the street from a school."
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of
Default Re: OT: with trepidation -- is it the lawyer's fault if no green card?

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
http://bibdaily.com/%2Fpdfs%2FLunn.pdf

BTW, any marriage with a lawyer invovles dual representation. If a marriage goes sour, I would dump BOTH husband and wife due to conflict. The Fragomen firm's position is a tad different -- their representation of any particular alien is ancillary to their primary representation of the employer. In other words, could Mr. Lunn's past force the Fragomen firm to dump all the Praxair cases AND the alien's in question?

2nd BTW, I've mentioned before the tendency of attorneys to personalize their clients' cases -- John Mortimer has used this for comic effect in the Rumpole stories. A colleague once mentioned to me that "It pays to remember that it was the client, not the lawyer, who sold cocaine to an undercover police officer -- across the street from a school."
Mr. F, my love...

Everything is always the lawyer's fault.

I would have expected you to know this.

;o)

Jen
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:01 pm
dberar

Default Re: OT: with trepidation -- is it the lawyer's fault if no green card?

The punchline is "Despite his termination, Lunn received his green card
in early 2002"

lol

Cheers