Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT/Some folks have longer waits than others...

OT/Some folks have longer waits than others...

Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT/Some folks have longer waits than others...

Hi,

Ran across this story and the second thing to enter my mind after being glad he was released was that there are folks who have much longer waits than we do for being reunited with those they love!

Guess we can all hang in there a little bit longer - eh!

Patty Khadijah

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3370905.stm
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:35 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT/Some folks have longer waits than others...

Thanks for posting that Patty. Most people are completely unaware of the civil war that has been going on there for years.

As for the wait, I won't say it's been easy, but it hasn't been that bad either. The first couple of months were the worst. I think a positive attitude and sense of humor make all the difference. You can make yourself (and everybody else for that matter) miserable obsessing on every little set-back. I just faced each thing as it came up, maybe got mad for a minute, but got over it quickly and moved on. You know why? Life is too short for all that misery. There are people, like the one in the story, who are truly suffering on so many levels. Look at Nelson Mandela. If anybody ever had good reason to be bitter, he does. Not only is he not bitter he is the coolest guy around and is still helping other people.

Leslie

Originally posted by Khadija
Hi,

Ran across this story and the second thing to enter my mind after being glad he was released was that there are folks who have much longer waits than we do for being reunited with those they love!

Patty Khadijah

Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:38 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Patty Khadijah

WOW! Makes me ashamed to have complained about my 5 month wait!

Kate. xxxx
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Patty Khadijah

Wow! That makes the 10 months I've been waiting seem like a walk on the park!! I'm so glad she waited for him....what dedication :-) Thanks for sharing the article, Patty.