Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT slightly: Can anyone recommend a reliable phonecard?

OT slightly: Can anyone recommend a reliable phonecard?

Old Jan 24th 2002, 11:37 pm
Deborah

Barry, my fiance is in Bulgaria, and I only pay 6=A2 a minute using AT&T's
International Calling plan. I tried many different calling cards and so far this has
been the best and least troublesome. It only costs me $2.00 a month for the plan and
saves me alot of money. Hope this helps!

Deb

Old Jan 25th 2002, 6:50 am
Ellie

Hi Barry,

When i was in the UK and calling the US every day i used OneTel. They're great and
still priced at 3p per minute, including VAT. Someone else has posted their web
address so i won't repeat it.

To call the UK from here i now use Big Zoo prepaid calling card. They charge
4.45cents per minute to UK landlines and are the cheapest i've found. The connection
is great too. Their URL is http://www.BigZoo.com You register online, are given a
PIN and purchase your 'card' via credit/debit card in denominations of $10/$20 or
$50. You can access the service immediately. It certainly works well for me. Hope
this is helpful.

Old Jan 25th 2002, 6:58 am
Michael Voight

Deborah wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Maybe it is time I checked them again. When I first asked, it was 45 cents to call
Siberia Then it went down to 31 cents. I see that it is now 23 cents. I pay 1020275
11 cents The monthly fee still says $4.95.. I got Sprint to waive their fee.

The AT&T web site is showing 65 cents to Bulgaria. How did you get then down
to 6 cents

One thing that bothered me. I canceled the 45 cent plan to get 31 cents from Sprint.
(I now pay 11 cents thru 1010275) I assumed AT&T would make it effective the day of
cancellation. WRONG.. They made it effective the first day of that billing cycle,
then they billed me $2.50 or so per minute from that date until the date I canceled.

Michael

Old Jan 26th 2002, 3:59 am
Hippyhoppym

For the past year and a half I have been using Priceline's long distance. I pay
$32.00 for 600 minutes to the UK, I think it works out at about 5 cents per minute.
Although sound quality is not always perfect, it is so cheap that I cannot complain.
They usually use Net2phone, however your contract is with priceline and not
net2phone. Also, $32.00 covers everything, no taxes, connection fees etc. that's it.
I defo recommend them. From uk to USA, Onetel is definitely the way to go. Good luck
and keep talking!

Old Jan 26th 2002, 9:44 pm
jrusch

If you fiancee was in Philippines I would recommend Tipid Pinoy. I pay $10 and they
give me between 70-80 minutes on it. it varies. much better then the 1015335 number I
was using at 19 cents per min

John