OT: Pictures

Old Aug 16th 2001, 4:00 am
Betastar

So with all this news of short-notice AOS interviews at Charlotte, I decided to start
gathering information tonight (so much for going to bed early).

We don't have life insurance, we don't have a 401K, they don't ask for emergency
contacts at work, my health insurance won't give me a card with his name on it.

But we do have a letter from the IRS saying we didn't pay our taxes (we had - how the
heck would they know he exists and we're filing jointly if we hadn't? He's a
first-time filer!)

We also have a picture of the two of us in our home-office. He's looking somewhat
scruffy and I've got my PJs on. We figure that picture alone is worth any stokes
interview

Betastar off to bed now.

Old Aug 16th 2001, 2:00 pm
Mhaley12345

I'd say the picture will clinch it.....if that ain't a married couple in it for the
long haul pic I don't know what is!!.....

Old Aug 16th 2001, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

timiny74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you guys have any other insurance, disability maybe? Surely you have either renter's or homeowner's insurance with your names on it? Phone and utility bills with both your names are good, too. Bank statements, cancelled checks and even a letter from your bank manager showing a joint account. These are just some of the things that were listed with our interview letter.
By the way, have you guys heard of a show called the Shamrock and Thistle by a woman called Fiona Richie? She broadcasts out of Charlotte (love the way she says that name) and somewhere in Scotland. While some of that Celtic stuff can really get to me after a while, it's a pretty good show.
-Matt
Old Aug 16th 2001, 11:03 pm
Betastar

"We cannot say anything about ability to support others" or some such rot), as well
as one of our cars in both names (just photocopied the title - they may NOT have the
original) and we can bring a phone bill in my name with calls to Austria and the
modem bill in his name, to the same address.

The checkbook has both our names on it, and we have matching his-and-hers credit
cards from two different banks (one in the US, one in Austria).

Also, we have some form from GEICO verifying he's insured under my account (same
form they faxed us so he could get his license) and the health-insurance provider
said they can write a letter stating he's covered under my account (I get
insurance through school - they won't send a card in his name, just the primary
account holder).

The lease is in both our names with my Mom as a co-signatory (because they want a
credit check where we live, and he doesn't have any credit in the US).

Also some junk-mail with his name and our address.

Oh - and a letter from the IRS addressed to both of us accusing us of not
paying taxes

I think we've got that part covered OK with this stuff.

(The phone and electric companies refused to send me bills with both names on it.
Go figure!)

>
    >
    >
    >

=) My car radio is almost always tuned to the local NPR station.
Of course I've heard of her =)

Betsy now just waiting for the letter to arrive

Old Aug 16th 2001, 11:04 pm
Betastar

>
    >

P.S. I'm a grad student. We don't have things like disability insurance.

>