Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ot:patriotic Wedding Theme

Ot:patriotic Wedding Theme

Old Jan 21st 2003, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Petes Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ot:patriotic Wedding Theme

Hiya, Pete F and I saw the posting on a patriotic wedding and funny as it was, that is exactly what we are doing. :-) This is the link we found back in October.

http://www.askginka.com/themes/patriotic.htm

They even have some gorgeous patriotic wedding gowns. I got my scarf by typing in the search engine on yahoo, patriotic scarves. It is shear and gorgeous.

BTW, I have decorated some shoes myself and they look pretty good if I do say so myself. Take a look,
This is in no way meant to be a commercial post just sharing what I did with my shoes OK. Pete is just uploading it, so if it doesnt show up immediately try back later.

http://www.geocities.com/szkibanditbkrgrl/shoes.html

We also had a neat idea for our wedding cake. Pete and I purchased eight 4" celebration fruit cakes at Clinton cards in the UK and flew them back to the US. we are going to double stack them in an offset configuration (they look like tiny presents) and then with the cake columns his dad made we will set the US 6" cake on top of that. :-) to incorporate both US and UK cake traditions.

We are getting married at a wedding chapel in the Smoky Mountains and they gladly accepted our theme and are doing our flowers accordingly. :-) But the above link should give you plenty for your theme :-) As well if anyone is planning on doing email invitations, Pete has put together some stationary with a us/uk flag heart shape from some art we swiped which was not copywrited and made it into some stationary for email purpose, you could probably print it and mail as well with the proper paper.

Just getting very excited as this is all coming to an end, and very soon I will be married to the love of my life!!!
YES!!!
hold on to hope to all of you, IT DOES END!!!

deeply in love,
Carla (soon to be Mrs Pete F)

Last edited by Petes Angel; Jan 21st 2003 at 3:25 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2003, 6:04 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ot:patriotic Wedding Theme

Originally posted by Petes Angel
Hiya, Pete F and I saw the posting on a patriotic wedding and funny as it was, that is exactly what we are doing. :-) This is the link we found back in October.

They even have some gorgeous patriotic wedding gowns. I got my scarf by typing in the search engine on yahoo, patriotic scarves. It is shear and gorgeous.

BTW, I have decorated some shoes myself and they look pretty good if I do say so myself. Take a look,
This is in no way meant to be a commercial post just sharing what I did with my shoes OK. Pete is just uploading it, so if it doesnt show up immediately try back later.

We also had a neat idea for our wedding cake. Pete and I purchased eight 4" celebration fruit cakes at Clinton cards in the UK and flew them back to the US. we are going to double stack them in an offset configuration (they look like tiny presents) and then with the cake columns his dad made we will set the US 6" cake on top of that. :-) to incorporate both US and UK cake traditions.

We are getting married at a wedding chapel in the Smoky Mountains and they gladly accepted our theme and are doing our flowers accordingly. :-) But the above link should give you plenty for your theme :-) As well if anyone is planning on doing email invitations, Pete has put together some stationary with a us/uk flag heart shape from some art we swiped which was not copywrited and made it into some stationary for email purpose, you could probably print it and mail as well with the proper paper.

Just getting very excited as this is all coming to an end, and very soon I will be married to the love of my life!!!
YES!!!

deeply in love,
Hi Carla and Pete,

Thank you for sharing! Kurt and I are planning to have flags at our wedding too, the Union Flag and Old Glory. Somehow we want to combine this with the fact that my two daughters want to dress as fairies, complete with wings! We are still in the 'bouncing ideas off everyone' stage of planning at the moment, I have no idea what to wear myself! I was hoping for something fairly low-key, but with fairies fluttering around me, I am not sure I will get away with that!

When is your big day? I look forward to seeing the pictures!

Best wishes,

Debbie
Old Jan 21st 2003, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

loveabrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, Pete F and I saw the posting on a patriotic wedding and funny as it was, that is exactly what we are doing. :-)
BTW, I have decorated some shoes myself
deeply in love,
Hello! Thanks for the links! Those shoes are GREAT! I love that idea! You are so creative!
I can't wait to see your pictures! When is the wedding?
My big one, the reaffirmation of vows, is October 25th, also we are using sorta patriotic theme...my invites are at mypersonalartist.com under the 'Hot off the press' section. Take a look and see what you think.
Best wishes-T.
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 8:48 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

YES!!!

deeply in love,
lol soon to be Mrs Pete!! Those shoes are something else. As much as I love my country I dont think I would have liked having one shoe done out in stars & stripes & the other done in black with a silver fern on it!!! Yes before you tell me the NZ flag is red white & blue I prefer to use the Black one with silver fern on because it gives us our own identity away from the UK & I dont mean any disrespect by that either. Its just that we are so far away from the Mother Country we need seperate identities. Goodluck with the Visa & Wedding. Im sure you will have a wonderful day!!