Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT My Thoughts On Assembling Your USCIS Package

OT My Thoughts On Assembling Your USCIS Package

Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:08 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: OT My Thoughts On Assembling Your USCIS Package

Originally Posted by Rete
I know it is daunting to be faced with several petitions and what appears to be an insurmountable mountain of supporting documents, but there is an easier, almost foolproof way to set up your mailing without pulling out your hair or kicking the dog.
Thanks Rete, I have saved your thread for my future AOS'filing
Ps: I don't have a dog, I have a beta fish, turtle, parakeet and kitten
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:50 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave
Really good point here. With our forms, we used inkjet-printed fillable PDF versions of the forms (very nice, by the way, you can print a copy whenever you like that looks as good as the original), and we signed the forms in black roller-gel ink.

We didn't think anything of it at the time, but when we handed in our documents the officer looked at them and said "Is this just a copy? You need to sign this again" and watched as my wife and I resigned the bottom of a couple of our documents. To her, the signatures looked like they were printed with the rest of the document. Again, a good example of why walking in to hand in your packet is the best option, but if it's not available at your office SIGN IN BLUE INK
We used inkjet printed fillable PDF versions for our I-130, I-129 and I-765 petition, we signed them with BLUE INK, thank God!!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You have yet to sit in an adjustment interview or even get a FOIA on a file to have any idea of how THEY assemble the file. I use the staples to have multi-page forms together or multi-page documents [such as tax returns] together.

I actually put a BIG staple in the middle of the package and let them pull it out -- it has never been a problem.

You may have had a bad attorney, but you strike me as what us lawyer types call the "client from Hell." Lawyers DO have your interests at heart [at least immigration lawyers -- the big law firms often don't have immigration skills in house, or if they do, they will have it quite small, or they will consider it as something to outsoure to a "boutique" law office -- the point is that immigration law is NOT a lucrative practice area. Those of who do it do it because we happen to like it.] As lawyers, we get enough frustration with our DAILY battles with CIS, ICE, DOL and EOIR.

Ligthen up!! and Ray.. be good!, I am sure you were just as worried when you submitted your AOS package

PS: I am gonna go watch Princess Diaries 2!!