OT:Happy Thanksgiving and 5 year anniversary

Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:18 pm
Wolfie

Default OT:Happy Thanksgiving and 5 year anniversary

Happy Thanksgiving to all NG members. I hope you all have a wonderful
holiday. I know that many have much to be thankful for having weaved the
INS-USCIS hurdles and completed at least part of the process. I think it
makes the holiday(s) more meaningful. However I know that for many here;
well they are probably stressing during the holiday season...
waiting...waiting. Take heart.

It was 5 years ago that Monica and I were married. I have been (on and off)
part of this NG for 5 1/2 years and my advise to those that are waiting is
be patient. The time will come and it makes the past (almost) forgotten.

FIVE years, two local INS-USCIS offices with at least 7 visits, incorrect
names on the GC, missing docs, AP refused 1 month before our trip to Asia(it
worked out fine),1 child, a cross country move, 2 trips back to Asia. My how
the time flies by! It seems like only yesterday that I was submitting my
extra evidence in response to a RFE on the I-129F. Now it has been five
years, and in January, Monica has her Naturalization interview and we shed
most of the USCIS garbage!

Again BEST WISHES to all-- I hope you all have your loved ones with you to
make your holidays something to be thankful for!

Wolfie(Steve) and Monica

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.799 / Virus Database: 543 - Release Date: 11/19/2004

Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT:Happy Thanksgiving and 5 year anniversary

Thank you for your good wishes. Like yourself, I'm been around this newsgroup for a long time. I started investigating options in the winter of '97 and was one of the first members when the alt.visa.us.marriage-based opened its doors in early 1998.

Yes, folks there is a light at the end of the yellow brick road and there really is a wizard in oz. It is the rare couple that does not have at least one problem in their dealings with the INS/BCIS/USCIS during the course of their travels down the immigration highway. Complaints are numerous, indecisive musings many, anxiety levels high, but the joy when a visa is approved and a couple is together clearly balances the scales. The saddest part of participating is seeing the couples whose marriages break up for any myraid of reasons after going through all the hoops and obstacle courses.

Jim and I celebrated our first US Thanksgiving in November of 1997 and are pleased that this year we are still together and this year celebrating it with only US citizens at our dining room table. We left the wizard in oz in 2003 and returned to the loving bosom of Auntie Em in December last.

May you all enjoy your feast and for those who are apart, rest assured that this time next year you will stuffing your faces while living in the US with the person you love.

Rita and her Canuck/US Citizen Husband, Jim
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone...

not my first American Thanksgiving, but first MARRIED American Thanksgiving, and looking forward to dozens more to come.

Oh, and happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfie
Again BEST WISHES to all-- I hope you all have your loved ones with you to make your holidays something to be thankful for!

Thanks for the lovely post and wishes, Wolfie, and Congratulatioins on your anniversary!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 4:52 am
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Thanks for the lovely post and wishes, Wolfie, and Congratulatioins on your anniversary!
I concur, Lovely message, a new boy myself, but learning a lot.