Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Gas prices and possible solution?!

Wikiposts

OT: Gas prices and possible solution?!

Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice
Default OT: Gas prices and possible solution?!

Today, I got this email from [email protected] with the header "Gas War is On". I really don't care about the chain-mails. But the idea seems nice. Will it work or not, I don't know. Just wanted to share it with you -

"For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the o ther companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE
>>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!"
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

NCTarheel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Gas prices and possible solution?!

Originally Posted by johnandrose
Today, I got this email from [email protected] with the header "Gas War is On". I really don't care about the chain-mails. But the idea seems nice. Will it work or not, I don't know. Just wanted to share it with you -

"For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the o ther companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE
>>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!"

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:42 am
Capt. Tuttle

NCTarheel wrote:

>>Today, I got this email from [email protected] with the header
    >>"Gas War is On". I really don't care about the chain-mails. But the
    >>idea seems nice. Will it work or not, I don't know. Just wanted to
    >>share it with you -
    >>"For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
    >>biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are
    >>not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
    >>If they reduce their prices, the o ther companies will have to
    >>follow suit.
    >>But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon
    >>and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out
    >>at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to
    >>reach millions of people.
    >>I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at
    >>least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least
    >>ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message
    >>reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE
    >>MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on
    >>to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
    >>If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE
    >>>>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!"
    >
    >
    > http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp
    >

Snopes.com should be required reading for anyone with an email account!

Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice

Originally Posted by Capt. Tuttle
Snopes.com should be required reading for anyone with an email account!
Didn't know this site existed. Thanks for the info.