Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Demenezes shooting

OT: Demenezes shooting

Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: Demenezes shooting

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
In answer to this Ray,you are quite correct,.
Oh wow !! thank you
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh wow !! thank you
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh wow !! thank you
I was always taught to be polite to my elders !
Old Oct 21st 2007, 6:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Armed as in bomb I think.You are correct, however there was reporting to say he wore a heavy jacket but I think that was 'spin' by the newspapers and the initial alleged police comments.
the CCTV camera's from the tube show him wearing a denim jacket.
nothing more.

he wasn't a terrorist, he was a scared brazilian kid being chased on his way to work
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:37 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
The reason it's not an everyday occurrence is that the perpetrators are brought to account.

Maybe if you lived in the same building as a suspected killer you would be worried about such incidents.
So the UK isn't a police state then - just want to make sure I've got my facts right.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:39 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
That Irish boy
Who ??
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
the CCTV camera's from the tube show him wearing a denim jacket.
nothing more.

he wasn't a terrorist, he was a scared brazilian kid being chased on his way to work
Correction Manc..... Out of work, had a dose of cocaine inside him and he was an illegal. Didnt know he was being 'chased'. Its been said before in depth, an unfortunate accident, wrong place, wrong time,sorry to say.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Out of work, had a dose of cocaine inside him and he was an illegal.
still doesn't make it acceptable to be shot 7 times in the head.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:49 pm
Thinking about it

Shot once in the head, shot 7 times....
Didn't make a great difference to deMenzies either way, so why you keep mentioning the number is beyond me.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:59 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Shot once in the head, shot 7 times....
Didn't make a great difference to deMenzies either way, so why you keep mentioning the number is beyond me.
oooh that's not quite so dead then.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They wanted to be sure he didn't want some asprin, aswell.
5 dum dum bullets to head,one in the neck,one in the upper chest. Whatever the training, the circumstances,we were not there, so I feel that its unfair to criticize.Comment fine, have your own thoughts great, but until you are in such a situation, you have no idea how you would deal with it,no matter what training you had had.It happened we cannot go back, but we can learn lessons from it.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:04 pm
@matthewb76

but we can learn lessons from it.
Like how to learn to go back to the assumption of rule of law and innocent until guilty.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Like how to learn to go back to the assumption of rule of law and innocent until guilty.
Catch 22 then, damned if you do, damned if you dont.I agree obviously with the rule of law, but there are certain exceptions,there has to be. Its called 'Common Law'.Until they occur no one could really plan totally for such a set of unforseen circumstances.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:31 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

They wanted to be sure he didn't want some asprin, aswell.
5 dum dum bullets to head,one in the neck,one in the upper chest. Whatever the training, the circumstances,we were not there, so I feel that its unfair to criticize.Comment fine, have your own thoughts great, but until you are in such a situation, you have no idea how you would deal with it,no matter what training you had had.It happened we cannot go back, but we can learn lessons from it.
we're in america, we call them hollow points... and they are standard personal/home defence ammo over here

this article was ridiculous...

http://tech.uk.msn.com/news/article....mentid=6404160

good example of media nonsense and sensationalism

few comments from this news piece

‘special bullets’
‘immediately incapacitate’
‘kill instantly’

The bullets they use are standard personal defence ammunition in America, in fact they are exactly what I have right now in my gun that sits loaded in a holster on my bedroom table
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
The bullets they use are standard personal defence ammunition in America, in fact they are exactly what I have right now in my gun that sits loaded in a holster on my bedroom table
Mine is either 00 buck or #1 buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.