Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Demenezes shooting

OT: Demenezes shooting

Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: OT: Demenezes shooting

Originally Posted by Manc
as I said, I don't blame the police, I blame the gov't and the shoot to kill policy.
So, again I'll ask this question. If he had a bomb and could trigger it by pressing a little button on a key fob.....what are they supposed to do if not shoot to kill? These are terrorists that quite happily strap semtex to themselves and blow their arses to kingdom come, they know they are going to die the only option for SAS/Cops is to try to make sure they die alone instead of taking a busload or half a train with them.

Where terrorists and bombings are concerned you ABSOLUTELY have to have an option of "shoot to kill" and you also have to accept the possibility of mistakes happening and therefore try to ensure they don't by training and planning.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:11 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sally
One would hope the intel was slightly more detailed than "swarthy-looking 'erbert alert".
That was me adding a Rushism....was getting too serious and its too late for a serious discussion.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:14 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rushman
That was me adding a Rushism....was getting too serious and its too late for a serious discussion.
Yeah it's late.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

So according to some voicing their opinion on this, we should disband the Police armed units fully as they are incompetent and unable to carry out firearm duties effectively.
In future then, if an armed incident arises call out the Army. After all the Police is responsible for maintaining law and order within the community.Insurrection/Acts of war within a country is surely the Army's job.Bring out the tanks, I say !!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
as I said, I don't blame the police, I blame the gov't and the shoot to kill policy.
The shoot to kill policy has always been denied and I for one do not know why. There are rules of engagement in any conflict and terrorists acts on British soil is a conflict. Why not state if you are found committing a terrrorist act YOU will be shot and then no one can misunderstand.This is yet another example of Britain dogooders seeking excuses to justify wrongdoers actions.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
So according to some voicing their opinion on this, we should disband the Police armed units fully as they are incompetent and unable to carry out firearm duties effectively.
In future then, if an armed incident arises call out the Army. After all the Police is responsible for maintaining law and order within the community.Insurrection/Acts of war within a country is surely the Army's job.Bring out the tanks, I say !!
I think some people are living in the past, when it comes to the Police. The days of Dixon of Dock Green are long gone, thanks to the threat of Terrorism and the Drug Wars that plague the UK.

Evenin' All!

Jim.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I think some people are living in the past, when it comes to the Police. The days of Dixon of Dock Green are long gone, thanks to the threat of Terrorism and the Drug Wars that plague the UK.

Evenin' All!

Jim.
Ahhh memories,flexing knees and undies ! Those were the days when I had a rigid item in my trousers(truncheon,folks)!!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:14 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I'm no cop, but I doubt that it's usually the first response, it depends on the situation I'm sure. Put yourself in the mind of the cops, if you've been told that a man has just shot someone and is certainly armed and very dangerous, then late that night you stop a man fitting that suspect's description exactly, you're going to very keyed up and the thought that he is going to pull a pistol and fire on you is playing over and over in your mind until you've practically convinced yourself it's going to happen. Then he ignores your command to raise his arms and instead quickly reaches inside his jacket pulls an object out. You fire and he falls dead. Turns out that he was a foreign national that did not speak english and was removing his ID from his pocket.

I know police train using scenarios just like that, but that isn't going to stop such incidents all the time. Especially with a young, inexperienced officer. We had just such an incident in a nearby town a few years ago. Two men dead, and the officer went to trial for manslaughter. I think he was aquitted by a jury, IIRC. EDIT: Aquitted, but settled a civil suit with another civil suit pending http://www.columbiamissourian.com/st...amilies-grief/

BTW I don't know the ins and outs of the particular case that is the original topic, I'm just giving general information based on my very limited knowlege of such things.
Shwww….man I glad your not a cop I guess I don’t have hid my bong from you anymore.
My new motto is F**k ‘m shoot’m all, if someone complains shoot them to.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
The shoot to kill policy has always been denied and I for one do not know why. There are rules of engagement in any conflict and terrorists acts on British soil is a conflict. Why not state if you are found committing a terrrorist act YOU will be shot and then no one can misunderstand.This is yet another example of Britain dogooders seeking excuses to justify wrongdoers actions.
I never heard of a shoot to wound policy ...
and if I had shot to wound I would have failed any firearm course.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
I never heard of a shoot to wound policy ...
and if I had shot to wound I would have failed any firearm course.
How about the shoot to save a wale policy? There is one for trees to.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Shwww….man I glad your not a cop I guess I don’t have hid my bong from you anymore.
My new motto is F**k ‘m shoot’m all, if someone complains shoot them to.
That's the attitude
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to all

k I’ll bite. Please explain a lethal shot in the leg, and I don’t mean an hour later when they have bleed to death.
hit an one of the main arties that run through the legs and thighs you can bleed to death in under a min
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
That's the attitude
Don’t make me shoot you
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelmike5556
hit an one of the main arties that run through the legs and thighs you can bleed to death in under a min
bit slow on the pulse with that one
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Michaelmike5556
Damn…..what are you guys working for a telemarketing company or something? This is the 4th time some one has responded in the same way. I get it...Thanks anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.