Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Complete Nonsense, or is it ?

OT: Complete Nonsense, or is it ?

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 2:46 am
Onigiri

Are otherwise completely normal and sane people being driven to bizarre behavior while
attempting to answer questions on these various INS forms ? What is this compunction to
want to see deep meanings in simple questions ? For some questions, you have either an Yes
or a NO for an answer- you always choose the answer for which there is no need to add
further explanations. This is not even difficult like the multiple choice in school. In
all the government forms, for any short list of questions, the answers are either all
Yes's or all No's. Simple as that. I am beginning to think that it is completely feasible
to drive each other crazy, up the wall, over the deep-end etc.. while cooperating to fill
in these blanks and send it in with the necessary documents. Perhaps those of you who are
separated ( protected ?) from each other by thousands of miles do not understand this. If
you do, then you will understand the occasional spouse who sneaks off to see mother in
their native land without an advanced parole document. This is no accident ! This escape
route is easy if your USC is not very well informed or have never read any of the relevant
faqs or resource pages. The more desperate have opted to out-&-out collude with the INS to
protect themselves for a few years - i.e., until they may get a 10 year GC straightway.
While returning from a short trip abroad they volunteer all manner of unsolicited
information to the INS agent and get themselves banned from entering the USA for a
convenient length of time.

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 12:11 pm
Andy Platt

"Onigiri" dreamed:

> For some questions, you have either an Yes or a NO for an answer- you
always
> choose the answer for which there is no need to add further explanations.

Yes. I mean no. Stop it - you're confusing me!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.