Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: AOS From VWP Split from OP

OT: AOS From VWP Split from OP

Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:15 pm
David9287

Default Re: AOS on VWP for Spouse of USC

Originally Posted by andrea874
So youre suggesting that even people who are here on student or work visas, that have been here for years and years, get married, and essentially have nothing left in their country - they should all just go "home" and apply for a k-1/k-3 visa? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Hello,
Is there such thing as a "life-time" student visa or a "life-time" employment visa? These people are "guests" of the US are they not?

davidM

Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David9287
Hello,
Is there such thing as a "life-time" student visa or a "life-time" employment visa? These people are "guests" of the US are they not?

davidM

People like you are the reason I never want to be a citizen of this country.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:35 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

?? What have I miss? What have I miss??
Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
?? What have I miss? What have I miss??

I think I'm just grumpy. My lawyer is taking FOREVER to call me and its makin me cranky as hell
Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:39 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm just grumpy. My lawyer is taking FOREVER to call me and its makin me cranky as hell
You have a pm!!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarsBar
The difference between DCF and VWP/AOS is that people using DCF must be resident in a foreign country for a minimum amount of time before they are extended the curtesy of processing via an Embassy on foreign soil. They must also wait in the que.
FYI, residency isn't required at all in certain countries, and certainly not the one I mentioned. And what queue are you talking about? The one that ain't there, and gets people who massively screwed up two different forms approved in 57 days? Or the one formed by non-immigrants (both of them) outside the consulate, that you pass by on your way to tell the guard that you're there for an immigrant visa?

To be honest and this is not meant as a personal attack, and I've seen other people like you here - you sound very frustrated, and also a bit out of this world to be so demanding for consistency and standardization. The truth is, even though you think you know a lot, you only see a really small part of the picture. Like all of us - I don't think even an immigration lawyer would even dare say that he knows all the ins and outs of US immigration.
And even if you knew it all - life is not consistent. Life is not standardized. Life isn't fair. I really think you (and others, not necessarily participants in this thread or on this newsgroup even) would be much better off learning how to let go a little.

Honest. People always want government agencies to look at THEM, at their specific case, because they are special, and they are more in love than the other couple in the waiting room, yadda yadda, fill in the blanks. Then all of a sudden when they get the short end of the stick for once, the 'whole system needs revamped' and everybody needs to be treated the same or else it's 'not fair'. I must be getting old, because all I can do is just shake my head and think how these people need to grow up a little.

Try a taste of life and see how ya like it. No refunds though.

Elaine
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:07 pm
David9287

Thank you, one less voter to worry about.... :-)

Consider yourself "lucky" because the winds of change are blowing. Some say 911 was the catylist to immigration reform. Sorry, only a part of the problem! Over population is another reason we need reform. The days of starry eyed imigrants arriving at Ellis Isld from Ireland, Poland and Italy are long gone! The immigration policy of this country needs to be and will be getting a very close look at in the future.

The USA has no "room" for an additional 200 million people. Do you know how many people that is and realize we will have surpassed our "carrying capacity?" Can you imagine an additional 20 million people living in California alone? Is that what American citizens want? I think NOT!

Why do you think people are fleeing China (1.3 billion people), Mexico (Third World by most standards) and India (1.1 billion people)? Why is it that millions of people are not running to immigrate to Mexico, China and India?

I don't want 500 million people polluting, destroying food, water and land resources, over extending infrastructures like health care, schools, fire and police resources, nor the increased crime, diseases and drugs that come with 500 million souls let alone a billion!

davidM

Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine an additional 20 million people living in California alone? Is that what American citizens want?
I don't know... I know a bunch of people in Ohio and Pennsylvania who couldn't care less if 20 million people decided to move to California.

I don't want 500 million people polluting, destroying food, water and land resources, over extending infrastructures like health care, schools, fire and police resources
Me either! A mere one million people doing all that will definitely do the trick.

Elaine
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:41 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

For the sake of a lie they could have been together in the USA, getting on with their lives while their applications get processed.
Or for the sake of a lie, the immigrant can be excluded at the POE and possibly face a ban from the U.S.

There is a world of difference between advising someone who is already "in" the U.S. about options they might have, and advising someone "outside" the U.S. about options that require one to commit an illegal act at the POE and expose them to potentially devastating consequences.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

MarsBar will become famous soon enoughMarsBar will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Ever occurred to you how many more 100s of applications Nebraska deals with compared to the US Embassy in London?...
Ever heard of a joke?

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
FYI, residency isn't required at all in certain countries, and certainly not the one I mentioned. And what queue are you talking about? The one that ain't there, and gets people who massively screwed up two different forms approved in 57 days? Or the one formed by non-immigrants (both of them) outside the consulate, that you pass by on your way to tell the guard that you're there for an immigrant visa?

To be honest and this is not meant as a personal attack, and I've seen other people like you here - you sound very frustrated, and also a bit out of this world to be so demanding for consistency and standardization. The truth is, even though you think you know a lot, you only see a really small part of the picture. Like all of us - I don't think even an immigration lawyer would even dare say that he knows all the ins and outs of US immigration.
And even if you knew it all - life is not consistent. Life is not standardized. Life isn't fair. I really think you (and others, not necessarily participants in this thread or on this newsgroup even) would be much better off learning how to let go a little.

Honest. People always want government agencies to look at THEM, at their specific case, because they are special, and they are more in love than the other couple in the waiting room, yadda yadda, fill in the blanks. Then all of a sudden when they get the short end of the stick for once, the 'whole system needs revamped' and everybody needs to be treated the same or else it's 'not fair'. I must be getting old, because all I can do is just shake my head and think how these people need to grow up a little.

Try a taste of life and see how ya like it. No refunds though.

Elaine
Elaine,

Your post as quoted above was completly unnecessary and provided nothing at all constructive to the discussion. I hope it made you feel better about yourself. Also it may be to your benefit not to assume you know people when you really dont. I completed my DCF process with my husband early last year and we have been happily settled in the United States for serval months now. I have neither requested special treatment from the USCIS, thought that I deserved special treatment or attention, nor did I get the short end of any stick. I followed the book as I was told I should and everything went very well for both my husband and I during our process.

Its funny how you say people like me should grow up. It seems that all you can do is snark at people when they arent agreeing with you. Whatever happened to a little thing called "Open Debate".

Its no wonder why I stopped posting at British Expats when so many posts like yours litter what could be a very interesting and informative environment. I was personally interested in this topic and thought I might be able to add to it a bit or gain from it by participating when I discovered this thread while doing research. Part of me would really enjoy sticking around just to push that broomstick up your ass a little farther north. But to be honest, I really cant be bothered to play snark tag with you any longer.

Sarah
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say it:

If you truly felt this way, why didn't you marry an American instead of importing your wife ?

Thank you, one less voter to worry about.... :-)

Consider yourself "lucky" because the winds of change are blowing. Some say 911 was the catylist to immigration reform. Sorry, only a part of the problem! Over population is another reason we need reform. The days of starry eyed imigrants arriving at Ellis Isld from Ireland, Poland and Italy are long gone! The immigration policy of this country needs to be and will be getting a very close look at in the future.

The USA has no "room" for an additional 200 million people. Do you know how many people that is and realize we will have surpassed our "carrying capacity?" Can you imagine an additional 20 million people living in California alone? Is that what American citizens want? I think NOT!

Why do you think people are fleeing China (1.3 billion people), Mexico (Third World by most standards) and India (1.1 billion people)? Why is it that millions of people are not running to immigrate to Mexico, China and India?

I don't want 500 million people polluting, destroying food, water and land resources, over extending infrastructures like health care, schools, fire and police resources, nor the increased crime, diseases and drugs that come with 500 million souls let alone a billion!

davidM
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:07 pm
David9287

Originally Posted by Rete
I have to say it:

If you truly felt this way, why didn't you marry an American instead of importing your wife ?
Hello Rete,

Good question, here's my reply.... because, because, because, because, because...... because of the wonderful things "she" does!

Becasue I wanted to and we did it the moral/ legal way via the K-1, that's the visa for a fiance'e of a USC.

Nice try Rete, I don't have anything against "American" women.....lol.

As far as importing..... she exported herself over here. She left a great job, a loving family and friends, a beautiful home, came with plenty of cash..... in fact she did not come here for economic opportunity or educational opportuity or for a visit! She came to the US for one reason only, to be married!

Now between you and me.... "we" pay more in federal income tax alone than 295% of the poverty level income yearly! (she 115%) (myself 180%). Do the math..... she/we happen to be quiet the contributors to the US. You might fall over in your chair if you knew how much we pay in Fed/State/SS/Medicare..... it's a bunch.

I am all for "Family Based Visas" of which, student, worker, visitor and lottery Visas are NOT a part of. I'm all for asylees and refugees. I've become darn right millitant when it come to border jumpers, anchor babies and illegal workers.

Over population and security are the very reasons this country WILL be having a closer look at OUR immigration policy.

Xs Os
davidM

Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine,

Sarah
ROFLMAO! You take yourself entirely too seriously. I was offering good advice, no need to take it or even have any feelings about it. You just proved my point - even if I am the only one who's getting it.

Elaine
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
Just like it shouldn't be that someone who is here illegally on overstay for 20 years can up and adjust status one day because of a law passed by Congress to allow them to legitimatize themselves or they Opps fall in love with an American (which is really hard to do being that they live in America, DUH)

Lots of loopholes in the immigration system and lots of them are not available to US Citizens or their spouses but to LPR and illegals but then there are two or three that a USC can use that others cannot.
Amen!!
My blood boils when people PLAN the whole ordeal, I have nothing against those like Andrea (my little devil), candy wyoming (my cute brit), Patrick 40 (my sweet block lol).. and many others who didn't plan it, they chose a "very hard route". I took the K3 and I am glad I did, it gave me some piece of mind!.
Ok and now Arby's time!, let's cut the argument, this has been discussed a million times, there isn't such a thing as easy answer, I don't like getting involved in this topic it always turns into a fight!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone noticed that I've stayed out of this thread? Oh... wait... I guess I've just participated in the thread! Damn... I hate it when that happens.

Okay... here's my take on the whole thing....

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.