Oscars

Old Feb 25th 2019, 7:38 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oscars

I'll tell you what.

Lady GaGa and that god-awful song Shallow. Utter dreck, Ditto the movie. Swear to God, I left that movie two thirds of the way through because it was that bad and I was having fits of uncontrollable laughter. GaGa and Cooper genuinely think they've created "high art". Please.

Black Panther was a mediocre film that didn't deserve it's Rotten Tomatoes score - it's just overrated because of political correctness and its "diversity".
This really advanced society "elects" its leader by a brutal fight in a rock pool. Doesn't seem like too advanced to me.

Haven't seen Black Klansman yet but Spike Lee is a dick. Although I did enjoy his documentary series "When The Levies Broke" about the Katrina flooding.
Petulant little oik - Adam Driver got up to congratulate him and Lee brushed straight past him.

I haven't seen the other one yet with the British woman and the best picture one.

Bohemian Rhapsody was deserving.

Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oscars

Poorest year for a long, long time.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised when Green Book got nominated and shocked that it won. It was mediocre, at best. All the other nominees that I've seen (haven't seen Black Panther) were stronger, with Roma by far the best of the bunch. I thought this might be the year that a foreign language film finally won the Oscar for best picture, but a mediocre film prevented that being the case. Very disappointing.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The process seems to have continued its downward spiral into being more of a political process than one that even pretends to recognize excellence in the film business.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:40 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Films often have to be "worthy". Always nice to such strong British representation.

The last couple of films I've really enjoyed were Grand Budapest Hotel and Phantom Thread.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Supplies is an unknown quantity at this point

I was pleased to see Olivia Colman win until her cocky speech , turned me right off , then saying how poor she was most of her life but went to Cambridge university ?
Old Feb 25th 2019, 11:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supplies
I was pleased to see Olivia Colman win until her cocky speech , turned me right off , then saying how poor she was most of her life but went to Cambridge university ?
I loved her speech. When did she say she was poor? (She may have been I don't know, I do know you can go to Cambridge or Oxford from a poor background though, not sure on relevance)
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:17 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

So you think poor people don't deserve Oscars? Or they don't deserve to go to Cambridge University? …. Or should they just shut up, be grateful, and quit moaning about having been poor in the past?
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
So you think poor people don't deserve Oscars? Or they don't deserve to go to Cambridge University? …. Or should they just shut up, be grateful, and quit moaning about having been poor in the past?
I just couldn’t put being poor and Cambridge university together .
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:41 am
Just Joined

i just couldn’t put being poor and Cambridge university together somehow .
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:47 am

I just couldn’t put being poor and Cambridge university together somehow .
I bet you blinked and missed the 20th century entirely.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

i just couldn’t put being poor and Cambridge university together somehow .
I went back and re-listened to her acceptance speech. She makes no mention of being poor. The closest thing one could construe to that is she said she used to work as a cleaner and "used to spend a lot of her time imagining this".
Old Feb 26th 2019, 2:07 am
Just Joined

I bet you blinked and missed the 20th century entirely.

yep, your right .
Old Feb 26th 2019, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I went back and re-listened to her acceptance speech. She makes no mention of being poor. The closest thing one could construe to that is she said she used to work as a cleaner and "used to spend a lot of her time imagining this".
yep, your right
Old Feb 26th 2019, 10:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

yep, your right .

yep, your right
You're

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.