Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Only a week to go!!! Then I'm a-comin'!

Only a week to go!!! Then I'm a-comin'!

Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:07 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only a week to go!!! Then I'm a-comin'!

Originally Posted by KJ2007
2.5 hours? Do you happen to speed Tammy?
TYPO!! 5-1/2 hours
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:01 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be homeless this time next week too! Hey Keira, I have some ice-scrapers and combo ice-scrapers / snow brushes that we need to get rid of. They've seen over a decade of solid service.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:02 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
TYPO!! 5-1/2 hours
That's a relief!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move.

We've been here since end of May, but the pre-move panic isn't a distant enough memory yet!

Welcome to the States for when you get here
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
We'll be homeless this time next week too! Hey Keira, I have some ice-scrapers and combo ice-scrapers / snow brushes that we need to get rid of. They've seen over a decade of solid service.
Don't think you'll be needing them where you'll be going!!!

Originally Posted by Rushman
Not just the festive season.

You'll like the snow...at first....then...after about 4 months of it...you'll end up doing a "Shining".

Bug bites in the saummer and frost bite in the winter....dont say you weren't warned.

BTW...lose the red font....it goes against protocol.
What about pink then?

Originally Posted by Mandana
Good luck with your move.

We've been here since end of May, but the pre-move panic isn't a distant enough memory yet!

Welcome to the States for when you get here
Thanks Mandana! How long did it take for you to feel like you were "home"? Or have you yet?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:26 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by keira-2007
Don't think you'll be needing them where you'll be going!!!
Actually they have the occasional frost in Wellington! They even had frost in subtropical Auckland this past winter! And the usual to-die-for views of snow on the peaks in the South Island, with those in Christchurch within a couple of hours' drive of the ski slopes. Bastards!

Sorry, I'm really not trying to sound too smug! (hee hee!)
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm looking forward to a "proper" white Christmas... and I've heard the Americans go completely over the top when it comes to the "festive season" !!
ONE misserable day ???? ... Thats over the top ?

You don't get 10 days like good old England over here.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:55 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

But the shops start pushing it as soon as Halloween passes.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mandana! How long did it take for you to feel like you were "home"? Or have you yet?
Well I've come a long, long way since I first arrived, and started posting on BE. I think one of my first posts was me sitting there bawling saying how homesick I was!!

And yes, I've even called this house 'home'

OH picked me up on it when we were discussing our plans for Christmas and I said 'and then we come home'

It doesn't take long if you throw yourself into the way of life over here. I've made some good friends now (thanks to BE! ) and that really helps.

Still a few things I miss, but they'll be there when I go back. Life is an adventure every day!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Actually they have the occasional frost in Wellington! They even had frost in subtropical Auckland this past winter! And the usual to-die-for views of snow on the peaks in the South Island, with those in Christchurch within a couple of hours' drive of the ski slopes. Bastards!

Sorry, I'm really not trying to sound too smug!(hee hee!)
You big meanie! Rub it in why don't you????

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

I take it you're bemoaning the rather scant amount of holidays the Americans seem to take from work?? Mmmm I've never understood that!

Yeah and they really make a fuss about Halloween too don't they? Crazy!

Originally Posted by Mandana
Well I've come a long, long way since I first arrived, and started posting on BE. I think one of my first posts was me sitting there bawling saying how homesick I was!!

And yes, I've even called this house 'home'

OH picked me up on it when we were discussing our plans for Christmas and I said 'and then we come home'

It doesn't take long if you throw yourself into the way of life over here. I've made some good friends now (thanks to BE! ) and that really helps.

Still a few things I miss, but they'll be there when I go back. Life is an adventure every day!
Well I'm glad to hear you got through it and came out the other side - means there's hope for us all! (I've a feeling I may be on this site bawling my eyes out too before long! Please be kind!!!)
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 2:06 pm
Queen of my house

Hubby and I went to Lowe's last night, and they already have Xmas decorations for sale!! Crazy.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:25 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

youve got me excited too - we are off in just over 3 weeks and you must be so much more excited than me seeing as its is just a day or so for you to go!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Dustydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote"Bug bites in the saummer and frost bite in the winter....dont say you weren't warned."Quote

Yes you got that right, starting to wear a bit thin these days. I live 2 hours east of Chicago, N.Indiana. Bloody freezin winters, that last forever!

Last edited by Dustydog; Sep 27th 2007 at 7:12 am.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:49 am
Banned

Melza will become famous soon enoughMelza will become famous soon enough

Hey there USA folk, just having a nosey at people that mentioned Christchurch in threads. Kia Ora from Christchurch!!

I love the USA, have been there 3 times, including a 4 week roadtrip, rippa!!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melza
Hey there USA folk, just having a nosey at people that mentioned Christchurch in threads. Kia Ora from Christchurch!!

I love the USA, have been there 3 times, including a 4 week roadtrip, rippa!!
You have upset me three times aready

digging up an old thread
using the word rippa
and being a Realtor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.