OnHotels.com

Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:42 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default OnHotels.com

Anyone ever booked a hotel stay thru these people? I found an awesome rate for a hotel stay this coming April in Vegas and I would like to hear from anyone with good or bad experiences with this 3rd party site.
Looks like you book the reservation and they issue a "voucher" which it seems is redeemed for the hotel stay at the time. Seems a little strange

Anyway - the hotel's site has a cost of $759.26 total for Fri & Sat night
OnHotels.com - $333.72

Cheers
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OnHotels.com

Which Hotel is it?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:27 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Anyone ever booked a hotel stay thru these people? I found an awesome rate for a hotel stay this coming April in Vegas and I would like to hear from anyone with good or bad experiences with this 3rd party site.
Looks like you book the reservation and they issue a "voucher" which it seems is redeemed for the hotel stay at the time. Seems a little strange

OnHotels.com - $333.72

Cheers
While I have never used them I have been badly burned on a 3rd party site before - that price looks too good to be true....?

Which hotel is it?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:32 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I used them before I wised up on the Priceline bid thingy and then never bothered anymore.

As Ash UK/US already asked if we know the hotel we can let you know if the stay is a bargin.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:35 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

OnHotels.com - $333.72

Cheers
Well I can tell you now that my Boss stayed at the Trump and got the Fri and Sat for $196 Incl tax last month.

Little old me stayed at the Luxor flea hole.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:54 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Which Hotel is it?
The hotel in question is the Four Seasons - ooh, get me . I know fine well it is an awesome price and while I don't necessarily believe in the "if it's too good to be true..." maxim, I'd rather hear from folk who have used them.

Trip is for the wife's 40th and our 10th anniversary (both within days of each other). $425.54 of a price difference pretty much pays for both our flights.

3rd party sites frequently have lower prices than going direct with the hotel.
OnHotels seems to be a UK firm in the same vein as Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda.com, etc.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:16 pm

The hotel in question is the Four Seasons - ooh, get me . I know fine well it is an awesome price and while I don't necessarily believe in the "if it's too good to be true..." maxim, I'd rather hear from folk who have used them.

Trip is for the wife's 40th and our 10th anniversary (both within days of each other). $425.54 of a price difference pretty much pays for both our flights.

OnHotels seems to be a UK firm in the same vein as Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda.com, etc.
Apologies I revoke my comment I thought OnHotels was a typo on your part and that you were trying to say, you wanted info on Hotels.com...never heard of OnHotels.com........but does sound a bit suspect.

Do they want the full payment upfront if YES then
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:18 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Do they want the full payment upfront if YES then
Again, this is in line with most 3rd party sites.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:28 pm

Again, this is in line with most 3rd party sites.
Makes no odds 3rd party or not I still never pay the full amount upfront unless its Priceline...BUT the website does look legit to me, you could call the BBB but I personally after reading the site and Facebook page would say go for it.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No idea about the place...only concern is, usually stick the domain and review into google and you get loads of hits people talking about a service either way and this got nothing. That just brings up alarm bells personally and who's to know if they'll still be around when you go claim your voucher?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

wtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
No idea about the place...only concern is, usually stick the domain and review into google and you get loads of hits people talking about a service either way and this got nothing. That just brings up alarm bells personally and who's to know if they'll still be around when you go claim your voucher?
Agreed. The domain was supposedly registered in 2002 yet there's almost no information out there. Registered to Hotelsrus Ltd fwiw. If it looks too good to be true ...
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:18 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Although the trend seems to be moving towards "best rate guarantees" and the like in which hotels guarantee that you won't get it cheaper elsewhere (with the exception of "anonymous" sites like Priceline).

Have you checked out betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel? Both sites give tips on how to Priceline or Hotwire places and really narrow down the hotel you'll get or the specific amenities you want. Both also have specific threads for LV too.

Fatwallet is also good for LV discount codes. I just paid under $100 per night at the Bellagio by using one.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 1:06 am
Gotta have more cowbell

Originally Posted by tonrob
Have you checked out betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel? Both sites give tips on how to Priceline or Hotwire places and really narrow down the hotel you'll get or the specific amenities you want. Both also have specific threads for LV too.

Fatwallet is also good for LV discount codes. I just paid under $100 per night at the Bellagio by using one.
Been on BiddingForTravel and FW for a good few years now. Really not looking to go the PL route (as I'd be better just booking the Trump direct). I'm sure closer to the time SmarterVegas and EarlyVegas will have their code compilation on the go.
Just trying to get the Four Seasons for a great rate. That isn't happening with their site. Lady I spoke to today though did confirm that they sell blocks of their rooms to 3rd party sites. I think as long as I don't need to cancel I should be OK.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 1:26 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get a good rate then go for it.....but know that the hotel will not be able to change the room type, or the rate, or even check you out if something happens and you decide to leave early.

I work in a hotel and only recently have we started taking these 3rd party bookings and we are all so frustrated with them. If there is a problem guests think we are just being difficult, but we seriously cannot change anything. We tried once and totally ballsed up the whole system for days.

Sometimes the rate is a tiny bit better booking through them, but often it's not any better than say the rack rate with a AAA discount.

And yes you usually prepay on those sites.

But hey if you get a good deal I say go for it....at least then it's all paid for and done and you can both enjoy yourselves

Have a fab time!
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:31 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

$580 seems to be the coming rate on most "aggregator" sites for the second weekend in the month, so about halfway between your two quotes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.