one way air fares

Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

handyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Question one way air fares

We are planning to return to the UK after 20 years in Canada. As one way air fares are over 50% more than a round trip ticket is ther any problem if one buys around trip ticket but does not use the return portion?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:10 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: one way air fares

People do that all the time.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I think some have got a refund on their return ticket.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

No problem at all. Some people do this to have a fall back position, if they decide that they don't want to stay in the UK after all.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:02 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by handyman
We are planning to return to the UK after 20 years in Canada. As one way air fares are over 50% more than a round trip ticket is ther any problem if one buys around trip ticket but does not use the return portion?
if you fly with Canadain affair one way tickets are very cheap...as little as $200 all in
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:58 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
if you fly with Canadain affair one way tickets are very cheap...as little as $200 all in
I was going to say the same
Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:07 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any problems with having a return ticket then if you are going to the UK telling authorities you are there to stay. Do they check that sort of thing for people seeking visas?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by handyman
Just did that with BA, they only refund you the tax on the unused half though, if they will even do that!!.(good Luck) It doesnt really matter because you have already saved money not buying a one way ticket.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
I cannot believe I had never heard of Canadian Affair! I thought it was a typo and googled them. Wow. Great fares! Tip-of-the-week, Cheeky Monkey. Who has flown with them? How good are they?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:20 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
I cannot believe I had never heard of Canadian Affair! I thought it was a typo and googled them. Wow. Great fares! Tip-of-the-week, Cheeky Monkey. Who has flown with them? How good are they?
I think probably 90% of us have flown them Now they are a basic run of the mill no frill airline, the seats are squished together so by the end of a 8 hour flight you are best friends with the previously unknown person next to you, the luggage allowance is tight but you get fed and you arrive at your destination. Now for those with a little extra cash you can upgrade to the front of the plane, you get more luggage and free alcohol and room to move I recommend upgrading if you can possibly afford it, it just makes your flight so much more bearable.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:55 am
Just Joined

rentbackadvice is an unknown quantity at this point

The things you are thinking are quite strictly against the T&C's of your ticket. Known as throwaway ticketing, airlines will cancel both sectors of your trip if they even so much as get a hint that this is your intention.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:57 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I think probably 90% of us have flown them Now they are a basic run of the mill no frill airline, the seats are squished together so by the end of a 8 hour flight you are best friends with the previously unknown person next to you, the luggage allowance is tight but you get fed and you arrive at your destination. Now for those with a little extra cash you can upgrade to the front of the plane, you get more luggage and free alcohol and room to move I recommend upgrading if you can possibly afford it, it just makes your flight so much more bearable.
I was curious so went to have a look at this cheap airline and what do you know, it's be cheaper for me to fly up to Vancouver from San Francisco and go to Manchester on them than to fly from here to UK what a great option.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

mctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to all

A lady I know did this with BA a couple of years ago, she didnt use the return ticket, so they charged her credit card with the difference for the one way ticket, she tried to dispute it but on their T & C 's it says they can do this or at least it used to...
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:12 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by mctraill
A lady I know did this with BA a couple of years ago, she didnt use the return ticket, so they charged her credit card with the difference for the one way ticket, she tried to dispute it but on their T & C 's it says they can do this or at least it used to...
Weird, I got BA ticket for Ds last summer, we put the return date a long way out just in case, and a week before he was due to return he canceled it and I got some of the fees and taxes refunded to my CC. very fast and no fuss.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:22 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rentbackadvice
The things you are thinking are quite strictly against the T&C's of your ticket. Known as throwaway ticketing, airlines will cancel both sectors of your trip if they even so much as get a hint that this is your intention.
This is true. The cheaper the ticket the more strict the fare rules become.
It is possible to book a return and not use that portion - but I would call to cancel in advance and not "no-show" - but you are in violation of the return fare rules if you buy it without intending to use the return portion. If the airline suspects this they can cancel your entire ticket and make you purchase a one way ticket.
It is not very common, but it can happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.