Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Okay I am done, NOW where to file?

Okay I am done, NOW where to file?

Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

jackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nice
Default Okay I am done, NOW where to file?

After weeks of long hours preparing my application, struggling to fill up 4364712346 forms (okay I exaggerated). I am a little confused on the filing address. Here are some information:

I am filing the following applications :
Form I-130 (Form G-325A included)
Form 1-485 along with Form I-864 & Form I-765

As per the instructions on Form I-130, if I am filing I-130 concurrently with Form I-485, it would be this address

USCIS
CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES
P.O BOX 804616
CHICAGO, IL 60680-1029

But however when I went through instructions on Form I-485 and Form I-765, if you file concurrently with I-130 it would be this address

USCIS
P.O BOX 805887
CHICAGO, IL 60680-4120

Gosh this is so frustrating. You advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:06 am
Just Joined

jackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nice
Default Re: Okay I am done, NOW where to file?

I just re-read the instructions again, I am still confused haha.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:50 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, you missed form #4364712347???

Here's a tip: When looking for the mailing address, ignore the form instructions.
ALWAYS look on the 'Special Instructions' on the form download page, and know intuitively that the most important form in that package for you is I-485.

Note on Where to File:

Please review the Chart listed in "Related Links," in the upper right corner of this web page, or the Form I-485 instructions available at the bottom of the page, for specific information on where to file your Form I-485.

Said link:
Chart: Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485, Effective July 30, 2007

My note: there is no special reason to use a courier service but do send by some kind of service that will track the delivery (to ease your mind). It may be several weeks before you get a receipt notice.

Make sure you take a photocopy of every page of your submission and keep your own A-file of everything you ever submit in your case, for now and forever.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Haha thanks for the information, but gee why the hell they stated a totally different address on form I-130, sorry about the language but after months dealing with this 'ordeal' just when i thought i am finally done after reading those confusing instructions for like 731827381237 times (again some exaggeration there) and seeking out individuals to explain to me what exactly they want us to do, then my final bump, THE FILING ADD. Phew.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackieowens
Haha thanks for the information, but gee why the hell they stated a totally different address on form I-130, sorry about the language but after months dealing with this 'ordeal' just when i thought i am finally done after reading those confusing instructions for like 731827381237 times (again some exaggeration there) and seeking out individuals to explain to me what exactly they want us to do, then my final bump, THE FILING ADD. Phew.
Things are constantly changing over at USCIS, and they can't keep up with re-printing all the forms to give up-to-date instructions.

Thus the "special instructions" web page, which has the most current, up-to-date info on it.

Good luck!
Rene
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Okay just to double confirm, so I am sending these applications concurrently to the following address :

Form 1-485 (Form G-325A included)
Form I-864
Form I-765

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Right?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackieowens
Okay just to double confirm, so I am sending these applications concurrently to the following address :

Form 1-485 (Form G-325A included)
Form I-864
Form I-765

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Right?
Do you not qualify for the I-131 Advance Parole? It's free if you file it with everything else.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:02 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Make sure you take a photocopy of every page of your submission and keep your own A-file of everything you ever submit in your case, for now and forever.
AND, make sure you keep absolutely everything you receive from USCIS as well!

~SecretGarden