Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Offending Canadians!

Offending Canadians!

Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:12 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Offending Canadians!

I'm a tactless bastard.

About three weeks ago, I ordered some Canadian Red Lager for my beer machine. It hadn't arrived, so I sent an email and asked what the situation was.

A lady replied: 'The Canadian Red is back ordered. Would you like to substitute it for something else?'

So I replied: 'Darn Canadians are holding out on us! I will have to switch to Domestic ale instead.'

And she replied: 'Actually, I'm writing from our Canadian office, but this 'darn Canadian' will do her best to fulfill your order.'

Oooooops.

What should I reply? I'm considering:

1: I'm British, and therefore have no cultural sensitivity whatsoever for our former colonies.
2: Thanks very much, can you toss some Maple syrup in with that order?
3: Hope I didn't cause offense with that 'darn Canadian' comment!

I'm a tit sometimes.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:15 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offending Canadians!

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
I'm a tactless bastard.

About three weeks ago, I ordered some Canadian Red Lager for my beer machine. It hadn't arrived, so I sent an email and asked what the situation was.

A lady replied: 'The Canadian Red is back ordered. Would you like to substitute it for something else?'

So I replied: 'Darn Canadians are holding out on us! I will have to switch to Domestic ale instead.'

And she replied: 'Actually, I'm writing from our Canadian office, but this 'darn Canadian' will do her best to fulfill your order.'

Oooooops.

1: I'm British, and therefore have no cultural sensitivity whatsoever for our former colonies.

I'm a tit sometimes.
should have asked if she was the darn Canadian who had ordered then consumed all the Canadian Red ....
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a tactless bastard.

Oooooops.

I'm a tit sometimes.

love it rolly

that's one of the problems with the north american folk they take things so seriously. i so enjoy taking the micky and having light hearted banter ...lighten up folks, life's too short!

btw i'd vote for #2
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
should have asked if she was the darn Canadian who had ordered then consumed all the Canadian Red ....

i guess this is when smileys come into their own...helps peeps know hopefully when one is taking the mickey
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a tactless bastard.

Oooooops.

I'm a tit sometimes.
Reply: "Sorry Im a Brit and cant stand the piss that passes for beer down here..thank god you wonderful people can make the stuff properly. Are you busy friday night luv?"
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

beer machine!?!?!?!

On a slightly different note, our Vice Mayor used to work in the copper mines and said that the americans and canadians were always getting into fights if someone insulted the royal family.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geeandtee
beer machine!?!?!?!

On a slightly different note, our Vice Mayor used to work in the copper mines and said that the americans and canadians were always getting into fights if someone insulted the royal family.
I like Canadians...well almost all of them.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:38 pm
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

I am sure you didn't insult her.. she wouldn't have responded that way if you did. Canadian's are a funny lot believe or not.

p.s. I love my Canadian husband and his family. I swear our daughter gets more quick witted every time she comes home from her Nova Scotia summer visit.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:56 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Reply: "Sorry Im a Brit and cant stand the piss that passes for beer down here..thank god you wonderful people can make the stuff properly. Are you busy friday night luv?"
would go with this
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:58 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Canadian lady showed a great sense of humour! You could always send her one of these----->
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

be nice, or you'll probably get a box of turd in the mail, it's not like she doesn't know where you live
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:29 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to ask if she's "one of them Christian fundamentalists" as well Roly!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I'm a tactless bastard.

Oooooops.

I'm a tit sometimes.
What was the tone of her voice?

Im a canadian and I might have replied in the same manner, intending it only to tease you back for your original statement.

Seriously I wouldnt worry, canadians do have a sense of humour!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I like Canadians...well almost all of them.
You're very lucky Im still in the "happy to have you back mood"!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:17 pm
Pleasant Pheasant Plucker

Dan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant future

Just ignore her. The rest of the world does. What are they going to do? Go on strike and ask for more money?

Originally Posted by geeandtee
beer machine!?!?!?!
http://www.beermachine.com/. Most reports have put me off buying one. If I could be bothered I would just just buy a kegorator.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.