Off to a Pot Shop

Old Jan 4th 2014, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off to a Pot Shop

I was asked if I wanted to tag along so why not?

I would rather go the range but hey.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 4:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to a Pot Shop

Originally Posted by Boiler
.... I would rather go the range .....
Maybe you could just go to the range later?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 4:28 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Post something when you get back. Anything
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I was asked if I wanted to tag along so why not?

I would rather go the range but hey.
Buy a Vip since you don't have to get a pipe or roll your own and you don't lite them, can take a hit and can use it later for up to 250 hits, and many find it milder than smoking pure pot. You could also get pre-rolled but a Vip is better in many ways.

Of course we won't understand anything you post after you use it.

Last edited by Michael; Jan 4th 2014 at 6:33 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:30 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

My best friend in California co-owns a dispensary. The last time she came to visit me, she'd blithely smuggled over three ounces of the best she stocked in her carry-on luggage. I do not partake. Jesus, a woman in her mid-40s being peer pressured to do drugs by her friend in her early 50s, it is to laugh.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

The range we went to last week had a brew pub nearby, definitely more my cup of tea.

Anyway I had no preconceptions but was interested in the mechanics.

It seems that there was an existing Medical Dispensary which has expanded.

The weather was not nice, spin outs everywhere, not many people out an about.

The shop was in one of those mini industrial units, and the only place around where there was a traffic jam.

Seems that they had taken over the next unit and had filled it with tables and chairs,must have been a couple of hundred people inside, they gave you tickets. Seems that it was a 90 minute wait to get your order in and a 90 minute wait to get your order.

From what I can gather:

Not many places open yet.
Seems that the novelty factor was the main attraction. Also they had more variety.
Very high tax rate and I was told the street price was half the shop price.
Much older profile than I was expecting, did not feel out of place, twice as many men as women. Maybe more.
You need ID both to show your age and because non CO residents can not buy as much.

We left, I could not have stood more than 5 minutes in there anyway, do not smoke anything and the smell gets to me.

I guess it will settle down and there will be shops most places. From an outside perspective difficult to see there is any difference between this and alcohol.

I can not see it having any effect on the illegal activity, not when they are charging double. I guess there might be some people who will pay extra, especially if they do not know where to go.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Michael
Buy a Vip since you don't have to get a pipe or roll your own and you don't lite them, can take a hit and can use it later for up to 250 hits, and many find it milder than smoking pure pot. You could also get pre-rolled but a Vip is better in many ways.

Of course we won't understand anything you post after you use it.
That sounds like a compliment in that you do understand what I pot oops post! now.

I do not like any form of smoking, stick with beer, and I am finicky with that.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like a compliment in that you do understand what I pot oops post! now.

I do not like any form of smoking, stick with beer, and I am finicky with that.
You can always get the brownies but those are loaded with pot and don't taste that good. The crispy bars taste similar to normal crispy bars but you have to eat one or two to notice a significant difference.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

When it comes down to it, just not that interested.

I was told be somebody last year by somebody who I think would know that it cost $75k in fees to get one going, and I had a nice chat with a Budtender (He had to explain what that was), based on what I saw today it would be a money earner, just wondering what the mathematics will be longer term.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:00 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting immigration related aspect to all of this. Could an F-1 student or other visitor and legal pot smoker in Colorado become inadmissible under health grounds as a drug abuser? Could they be inadmissible for admitting to the essential elements of a controlled substance violation under federal law for possessing, growing, or selling or for reason to believe they are a controlled substance trafficker even if within Colorado law?

I believe anything more than experimental use (one time) could require a medical determination of being remission. Not saying the feds will be clamoring to go after such things at the border, but it could be possible.

There is a similar issue with aliens prostitutes running afoul of immigration law, even when it is legal the place where they do it.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by crg
Interesting immigration related aspect to all of this. Could an F-1 student or other visitor and legal pot smoker in Colorado become inadmissible under health grounds as a drug abuser? Could they be inadmissible for admitting to the essential elements of a controlled substance violation under federal law for possessing, growing, or selling or for reason to believe they are a controlled substance trafficker even if within Colorado law?

I believe anything more than experimental use (one time) could require a medical determination of being remission. Not saying the feds will be clamoring to go after such things at the border, but it could be possible.

There is a similar issue with aliens prostitutes running afoul of immigration law, even when it is legal the place where they do it.
I don't believe there isn't a federal law against prostitution. In fact, the federal government ran the "Bunny Ranch" in Nevada for years before they could find a buyer. They got it for back taxes owed.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:19 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
I don't believe there isn't a federal law against prostitution. In fact, the federal government ran the "Bunny Ranch" in Nevada for years before they could find a buyer. They got it for back taxes owed.
There is a federal immigration law that makes an alien who is coming to work as a prostitute is inadmissible. There is also grounds of admissibility making people who did such things inadmissible for 10 years even without an arrest or conviction per 212(a)(2)(D) of the INA.

(D) Prostitution and commercialized vice
Any alien who—
(i) is coming to the United States solely, principally, or incidentally to engage in prostitution, or has engaged in prostitution within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status,
(ii) directly or indirectly procures or attempts to procure, or (within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status) procured or attempted to procure or to import, prostitutes or persons for the purpose of prostitution, or receives or (within such 10-year period) received, in whole or in part, the proceeds of prostitution, or
(iii) is coming to the United States to engage in any other unlawful commercialized vice, whether or not related to prostitution, is inadmissible.

So there is no J1 internship or H2B available for prostitution.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:30 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The story of 37 deaths from people OD'ing from doing the pot in Colorado has been entertaining.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:33 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the story for those that missed it

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/m...-legalization/

though it was peoples reaction to it that was entertaining.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Here is the story for those that missed it

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/m...-legalization/

though it was peoples reaction to it that was entertaining.
You should know the source before you post it or just read down to get this headline "Justin Bieber Rushed to Hospital Following First Erection".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-9039019.html

I suspect FOX news has already reported it as "fact".

Last edited by Michael; Jan 4th 2014 at 7:43 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.