View Poll Results: Has Obama done a good job?
Yes.
50.00%
No.
40.48%
Who?
0%
I don't care.
9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Obama - Yay Or Nay

Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama - Yay Or Nay

Incidentally, have people seen this ad? Apparently it's REAL.

Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Are people confusing the question with " Is he doing better than any of the alternates" ??

The poll question is " Has Obama done a good job".

I vote "NO" he isn't doing a good job. If the country were a company and he were the CEO he'd be out on his ear already.

Last edited by Englishman43; Oct 26th 2011 at 4:54 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Are people confusing the question with " Is he doing better than any of the alternates" ??

I vote "NO" he isn't doing a good job. If the country were a company and he were the CEO he'd be out on his ear already.
Would he get a massive golden parachute like they do?

Personally I find the alternatives quite terrifying.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:55 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

Not singling Obama out on this one, but I think $400,000.00 a year for life irrespective of whether you're a one-termer or a two-termer and your on the job performance is rather a nice golden parachute

Yes, the alternatives are very, very unappealing.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Quite, the alternatives are bloody scary and I hope he does get back in but along the lines of preferring to share a cell with some charged with GBH versus someone charged with murder - either way I'm not too happy about my choices.

Last edited by Englishman43; Oct 26th 2011 at 5:01 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I also vote NO. All of my friends that voted for Obama, seem to keep their heads down, gone are the gung ho, days, pre election.

Did the guy get dealt a crappy hand, YES the problems were already there.

Does the guy have a clue, NO.

Is the guy out of his depth, YES.

Will I probably end up voting for him, MOST LIKELY.

He is best of the worst, at the moment, we have bunch of super tossers, from repub's & no Democrats, have stepped forward.

I would vote for the Hilary Bill team

Frank R.

Ps. Shakespeare said "Kill all the Lobbyists"
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Not singling Obama out on this one, but I think $400,000.00 a year for life irrespective of whether you're a one-termer or a two-termer and your on the job performance is rather a nice golden parachute

Yes, the alternatives are very, very unappealing.
I didn't know they were paid for life, but he's done better than many.

Pales into insignificance next to HP CEO.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

That doesn't make a lot of sense...it seemed to be more a criticism of hairdos etc.
Yes, well.....I, for one, wish she would do something clever with her hair - at least wash it! It always looks so ropey - like it's dirty! Not to mention cut & style it! I think she's too old to have her hair that long - it needs to be tidier looking. But......that's not a reason to not approve of her for the job of leader of the land. On the other hand, if she's not smart enough to be smart in her appearance, maybe she's not really smart enough to be president, either. (Okay, I'll duck now while you all fling your slings and arrows.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:11 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know they were paid for life, but he's done better than many.

Pales into insignificance next to HP CEO.
Oh, I know it's nothing compared to those CEOs but I thought it a point worth making nonetheless

He's done better than Bush I & II and Reagan and <insert most Republican options in here>, but he's no Clinton or Kennedy and I think maybe we all expected too much of him. For all I know he's saving all the good stuff for his second term. I just hope there are enough people who still believe in him, or are at least loyal enough to the Democrats to make sure he gets that second term if that's the case. Perhaps he's just taking his time and I'm too impatient, I don't know.

I still can't get past the fact that I just plain don't like him and it makes it hard to be objective, but that's my own problem I suppose.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Yes, well.....I, for one, wish she would do something clever with her hair - at least wash it! It always looks so ropey - like it's dirty! Not to mention cut & style it! I think she's too old to have her hair that long - it needs to be tidier looking. But......that's not a reason to not approve of her for the job of leader of the land. On the other hand, if she's not smart enough to be smart in her appearance, maybe she's not really smart enough to be president, either. (Okay, I'll duck now while you all fling your slings and arrows.
I see it the other way, she's an intelligent woman who's not that bothered about things like hairstyles. I think she looks OK.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Dead

And a year ahead of me...
Yeah - Douglas decided to die for tax purposes
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Quite, the alternatives are bloody scary and I hope he does get back in but along the lines of preferring to share a cell with some charged with GBH versus someone charged with murder - either way I'm not too happy about my choices.
I agree, the Republican's, basically scare me, though I voted McCain, last time. Best of the worst.

If we get a Repub President, the Rich will get richer, the middle class will get poorer, the poor, will get really screwed, and woman will lose some of their rights.

Reg. Frank R.
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, too often, when you dig deeper behind the public face of many a CEO, you find mediocrity masked by 'management consultant speak'... I could do just a sh*t a job as any of them, and for lot less money - I even have a pretty good suit!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I see it the other way, she's an intelligent woman who's not that bothered about things like hairstyles. I think she looks OK.
In my very limited experience, it's not a simple matter of intelligence - many colleagues are intelligent - really - right up to the point where they start talking politics - then they just scare me because (a) they have the vote and (b) some also have guns
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
This Electoral College, thing is very strange, we the people vote, but some backroom group, decide.

From memory, UK voting also needs reform.

Frank R.
I agree that each candidate having to present a slate of delegates is ridiculous but I think a direct vote for president could have much worse consequences. Instead of just Florida putting on a spectacle and taking months for a recount, imagine all 50 states doing a recount when an election is close in popular count.

At least the electoral college system does not easily allow a group of opposition candidates to try to steal the vote by fielding regional candidates as was tried against Lincoln or throw the election into a stalemate when third party candidates run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.