View Poll Results: Has Obama done a good job?
Yes.
50.00%
No.
40.48%
Who?
0%
I don't care.
9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Obama - Yay Or Nay

Old Oct 25th 2011, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama - Yay Or Nay

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
I can think of several examples of change, can't you? Off the top of my head ...

*Healthcare reform
*Repeal of don't ask, don't tell
*New financial regulation
*Reduction in our presence in wars overseas

It doesn't really hold water to say there's been no change. A better reason (IMO) would be to point out that he seems unable to convince others in the government to support his initiatives, leading to a lesser ability to get things done. But that's a bit different.

I disagree, the man is all talk done nothing.
Healthcare reform, has still not really happened, still being fought in the courts.
Don't ask, who cares.

New financial regs, where are they, country in a mess, his rules do nothing. Whoops forgot, banks now charging new fees.

Reduction in presence, eventually any President would do that.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I did not vote for Obama the first time, actually wanted Hilary.

Still think the guy is a Snake Oil Salesman, Game show host.

But will vote for him this time, because the others are all a bunch of scary super tossers.

At least President Obama, is just a basic tosser.

Usual rules apply, we vote for the best of the worst.

How sad is that.

Reg. Frank R.

Ps, Sure President Obama's big promise was to get rid of the lobbyists, (Bloodsuckers), wonder whatever happened to that.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Wow, you're naive. Republicans filibustering the jobs bill?
a) It didn't pass the Dems. They rejected it, because it's bullshit.
a) The bill was never meant to pass. It's political cover so that next year he can say he tried to do something and can blame his "enemies".

I support a lot of the OWS protestors gripes, but when I see that 50% of them want to reelect this cretin - and indeed so many of you here - I just facepalm. I can't believe the level of reality disconnect.

Most of you here worshipped at the altar of arch-not-very-nice-person Steve Jobs (I notice no comments from you when Dennis Ritchie died last week - one of the co-fathers of C and UNIX). But even Jobs said Obama was a one-term president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1022786.html

When he finally relented and they met at the Westin San Francisco Airport, Jobs was characteristically blunt. He seemed to have transformed from a liberal into a conservative.

"You're headed for a one-term presidency," he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly. As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where "regulations and unnecessary costs" make it difficult for them.

Jobs also criticized America's education system, saying it was "crippled by union work rules," noted Isaacson. "Until the teachers' unions were broken, there was almost no hope for education reform." Jobs proposed allowing principals to hire and fire teachers based on merit, that schools stay open until 6 p.m. and that they be open 11 months a year.
Just because Steve Jobs was a genius at marketing what other people invented, he gets credit for being the guru that can set the world to rights? Whoa! Conversely, Obama, the figure heading what other people (Congress) are doing, gets the blame for being a lousy President! Personally, I think Jobs was more than a little full of himself when he deigned to predict a one-term presidency and not a little self-serving when he urged a more “business-friendly administration” which could have made him even more wealthy.

I’m not a big Obama fan, nor is OH, but in the face of there not being a viable candidate (so far) that I would consider a true challenge, maybe it should be a case of “better a devil you know, than one you don’t know”. I’m filled with confusion and trepidation regarding “changing horses in midstream” but my primary emotion is anger and disappointment - what really distresses me is that there’s not much I can do to alleviate any of those feelings………all of which culminate in a feeling of helplessness.

Somebody wrote a letter to the editor in our local paper saying that if we don’t like the current representatives, we should elect new ones. HAH! WHO? They may all start out with aspirations of success and assurances of honesty and incorruptibility, but once they reach the cesspool we call the seat of our government, they are forever polluted and contaminated.

Yes, unless a knight in shining armor shows up, I’ll probably vote for Obama. (she says with a sigh of resignation)
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

So after 70 votes ..... more than half think he's done a GOOD job?

Really?

REALLY?

Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

Really?

REALLY?

I do.

Dennis Skinner is not going to get elected President - the guy has done the best he could given the nature of the country and the forces arrayed against him.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

Really?

REALLY?

Given the hand he's been dealt with yes.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

So somebody else could have done worse.

Possible I guess.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

Possible I guess.
I supposed that we could have invaded Iran, put boots on the ground in Libya, and have 100,000 troops in IRAQ for many years to come. We also could have let the economy completely die like many of the current republican candidates propose possibly creating a 25% unemployment rate.

I think we could have done far worse.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Colleagues of mine who are clearly republican, gave me short shrift when I suggested I felt a little sorry for him given all the kack thrown at him. They said "I don't feel sorry for him - he asked for it."

So if McCain had got in, he'd have had kack thrown at him. He too was asking for it. But then it's ok to feel sorry for him?!

What I find truly fascinating with all of this politics stuff is how usually very intelligent people, of all persuasions, seem to have a real brainfart when politics gets 'discussed'!

I'd like to nominate Screaming Lord Sutch, or perhaps Douglas Adams...
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what responses there'd be if we changed the question a little... to read

Has Obama done a good jobbie?

Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
perhaps Douglas Adams...
Dead

And a year ahead of me...
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
I supposed that we could have invaded Iran, put boots on the ground in Libya, and have 100,000 troops in IRAQ for many years to come. We also could have let the economy completely die like many of the current republican candidates propose possibly creating a 25% unemployment rate.

I think we could have done far worse.
Exactly.
Dead
So is Screaming Lord Sutch.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 1:26 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Dead
For many politicians I would consider that a plus.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Possible I guess.
Somebody did do worse - remember the bush baby? I don't think O'bummer has topped bush's exploits yet.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Ps, Sure President Obama's big promise was to get rid of the lobbyists, (Bloodsuckers), wonder whatever happened to that.
That's the only thing I think people should be annoyed about.

The last 2 1/2 half years wouldn't be any better under anyone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.