View Poll Results: Has Obama done a good job?
Yes.
50.00%
No.
40.48%
Who?
0%
I don't care.
9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Obama - Yay Or Nay

Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:30 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama - Yay Or Nay

Oh - and to people lamenting the choice of Repubs. It's always 2 decent people and a bunch of nob-ends. I mean come on - Hillary and Barack were the top two people last time. Hardly a pair of Aces. And the prior time had this row of spackers.

Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:20 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
You don't get a finer man than Dennis.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The republicans have always self destructed due to pushing their ideology whenever they got control of the house in the past. From 1929-1931 they did nothing (republican idology) as the economy crumbled and didn't gain control again until 1947-1949 and again did nothing but try to get Truman out of office. Again from 1953-1955 they got control of congress and the "McCarthy Era" began.

It wasn't until 1995 that the republicans again got control of congress after successfully convincing the public that Clinton was at fault for the massive deficit that was created by Reagan.

After finally relinquishing control of congress in 2007 with record deficits while they held congress, they have again been able to convince the public that Obama is the reason for the large deficit.

If the republicans get into power in 2012, they will have handcuffed themselves since they have been preaching that "the deficit" along with 'no new taxes" is the most important thing. Since they will no longer be able to blame the democrats for the large cuts in social security and medicare in order to give large tax breaks to the rich, the party will likely crumble. Also the next time there is a banking crisis, the democrats will likely not be around to take the blame to save a republican president from economic disaster. Unfortunately, it will be the American public as well as world economies that will likely suffer due to republican ideology.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
He does say what he believes except for health care where he said that an individual has the freedom to choose and therefore must pay the consequences if he makes an incorrect decision but didn't have the nerve to go all the way and say "let him die".
Boy did you hit the nail on the head. I never had much of a view of Ron Paul until that debate. I did like his past stance on removing the troops from Iraq etc but on that debate he sounded too Sue Lowden "chickens for payment of healthcare". Desperately trying to justify his libertarian "that's what freedom is" line. A loony as you say.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
I'm seeing a series of ads with this bumper sticker....
It'll be a break away from the snappy, cutesy ones at least
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

SirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud of

How many Repub candidates are there? I've lost count...like Stewart said - it's like American Idol in reverse...each week we add another imbecile...

Romney - the human slinky - flip flop flop flop flip flop
Perry - makes Dubya sound like Einstein - and even more corrupt.
Cain - just a Kochsucking crook - contribute to my campaign - so I can spend it on buying my own books Similar to Palin - with more subtlety
Bachmann ..the dumbest woman in America.
Gingrich - arrogant hypocritical three timing arsehole and an apology for a human being - considered to be the intelligent one....in the land of the blind, etc. etc
Santorum - see Google...
Paul - consistent - no flipflopper he - too much invested in batshit, however
Huntsmann - in this company - he's slumming...

the rest? just human detritus...
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get to vote, so it's academic but...

Obama & cronies siding with Argentine over the Falklands was the last straw for me - irrespective of the fact I'm an ex-serviceman.

Some 750 Argentinians died in the Falklands conflict. That conflict resulted in the end of military dictatorship and effectively the right to self determination for the Argentinians. So it's OK in Obama's book that everybody else on the planet has that right, except the Falkland Islanders.

The prospect of any if the current GOP contenders getting the job scares the bejesus out of me.

Falklands aside, there does seem to be a ton of things Obama has been able to achieve in many areas - I just wish he'd been quicker off the mark when he had more seats in Congress....

Oh well...
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Not only no, but hell no. I am astounded that people actually like him and believe he is doing a good job! What a narcissist and what a disaster it will be if he gets in for another 4 years. Having said that who is there in either party that is half way decent? No-one. Sad.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1chumly
Not only no, but hell no. I am astounded that people actually like him and believe he is doing a good job! What a narcissist and what a disaster it will be if he gets in for another 4 years. Having said that who is there in either party that is half way decent? No-one. Sad.
Why do we not hear the chant of '4 more years" ?

The only possible reason for voting for O'Bama is that the alternate is worse, but we do not know who that is.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So with the announcement that he's bringing the troops back home by the holidays from Iraq, how does that change things for folks?

It was one of his pledges and he's actually following through with some of them.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
So with the announcement that he's bringing the troops back home by the holidays from Iraq, how does that change things for folks?

It was one of his pledges and he's actually following through with some of them.
Remind when was he going to do that?

I think there were some other pledges as well, unemployment?

And of course CHANGE!
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with most people is that they expect everything to change instantly with no difficulty. It's just not that easy, rather totally unrealistic and yet when people don't see miracles happen overnight, they're ready to switch to the next guy. As Herpes pointed out earlier, Obama has actually accomplished a hell of a lot in a short period of time.

My husband said before the election that anyone who won it (Obama or McCain) would be a one-term president, simply because our problems were too big to solve in one term and the population couldn't or wouldn't understand this.

As a side note - it seems completely unrealistic to me to expect the Obama administration to have been able to reduce unemployment back to acceptable levels in face of the fact that we have a global crisis going on. If this was only true of the US, we'd be talking about a different story.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 1:10 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hoover was a one term president.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 3:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
The problem with most people is that they expect everything to change instantly with no difficulty. It's just not that easy, rather totally unrealistic and yet when people don't see miracles happen overnight, they're ready to switch to the next guy. As Herpes pointed out earlier, Obama has actually accomplished a hell of a lot in a short period of time.

My husband said before the election that anyone who won it (Obama or McCain) would be a one-term president, simply because our problems were too big to solve in one term and the population couldn't or wouldn't understand this.

As a side note - it seems completely unrealistic to me to expect the Obama administration to have been able to reduce unemployment back to acceptable levels in face of the fact that we have a global crisis going on. If this was only true of the US, we'd be talking about a different story.
He promised change, I think if there had been change a lot would have been forgiven, but it is the same old same old, just different snouts in the trough.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 12:16 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

I wish someone would keep repeating that employment levels for college graduates have been completely stable over this whole thing. Unemployment has hit everyone else like a hammer though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.