View Poll Results: Has Obama done a good job?
Yes.
50.00%
No.
40.48%
Who?
0%
I don't care.
9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Obama - Yay Or Nay

Old Oct 21st 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama - Yay Or Nay

I agree with Michael and Zargof, but I would never vote for Ron Paul, he has some nutty views and is an isolationist not to mention he raises money on white supremacist websites (or so I have read).

I have voted yes, although I couldn't vote in the last election I supported Obama, and will very likely vote for him in the next. I don't think he's done a great job so far, but I don't entirely blame him for it.

Last edited by nethead; Oct 21st 2011 at 6:05 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
You're right about trying to be bipartisan, that was a big mistake. He should have used the opportunity of controlling both Houses to ram through some changes that would have really made a difference regardless of how loudly the Republicans screamed. Because now we have paralysis in Congress and nothing of meaning is going to get done.

What amuses me though are the conservatives (such as our simian friend) who are now criticizing Obama for his jobs bill being political, unlike everything the Republicans have done since Obama was elected.

As for the Republican candidates: I like Ron Paul because he is honest and says what he thinks unlike the others who say what they think will win them votes. The trouble is some of his policies are so bat shit crazy, they make Herman Cain's 999 tax policy seem sensible. Out of all of them I think Huntsman is the one that talks the most sense, but of course he doesn't have a hope.
Yup, Ron Paul belongs in a looney bin. He thinks a modern economy can return to the times when people traded silver and gold shinny pieces to barter for goods and if we just left corporations alone, they would do good.

He does say what he believes except for health care where he said that an individual has the freedom to choose and therefore must pay the consequences if he makes an incorrect decision but didn't have the nerve to go all the way and say "let him die".
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Missing a fifth option of "Meh".

Don't think he's doing that bad, nor that great.

Foreign policy isn't to bad...the idea behind healthcare reform was good, just not strong enough but you all know nothing would have changed if he had tried anything stronger, so I think this is better than nothing, for now.

I also don't see how one can turn the tide of a huge steaming pile of shit around in just one term, when one has had 2 terms to make such a giant steaming shit of things and piss away all the money and sell away all the assets.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:14 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I also don't see how one can turn the tide of a huge steaming pile of shit around in just one term, when one has had 2 terms to make such a giant steaming shit of things and piss away all the money and sell away all the assets.
I'm seeing a series of ads with this bumper sticker....
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
This is a hard one - isn't it?

On one hand, I think he's a smarmy, arrogant prick who has no balls and I'm sick of the sight of him. On the other hand, what if someone like Rick Perry won instead? I honestly wish the Democrats could offer up another option, or we could get a decent independent.

For all his crap about the gold standard, I have to confess, Ron Paul is looking like a better option for me, personally

I'm tired of hearing the 'oh it's not his fault' - I know Bush made a giant mess of things, but are you telling me after almost 4 years, we're still no better off and we really think he deserves a second term? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Well it's really only been 2 1/2 years. Just pointing it out.

I like the guy, glad he didn't cave to people further to the left over Guantanamo, CIA prosecutions etc.. and he sent SEALs into Pakistan - a highly risky move seeing as something like 70% of NATOs supplies in Afghanistan go through Pakistan.

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Wow, you're naive. Republicans filibustering the jobs bill?
a) It didn't pass the Dems. They rejected it, because it's bullshit.
a) The bill was never meant to pass. It's political cover so that next year he can say he tried to do something and can blame his "enemies".

I support a lot of the OWS protestors gripes, but when I see that 50% of them want to reelect this cretin - and indeed so many of you here - I just facepalm. I can't believe the level of reality disconnect.

Most of you here worshipped at the altar of arch-not-very-nice-person Steve Jobs (I notice no comments from you when Dennis Ritchie died last week - one of the co-fathers of C and UNIX). But even Jobs said Obama was a one-term president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1022786.html

When he finally relented and they met at the Westin San Francisco Airport, Jobs was characteristically blunt. He seemed to have transformed from a liberal into a conservative.

"You're headed for a one-term presidency," he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly. As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where "regulations and unnecessary costs" make it difficult for them.

Jobs also criticized America's education system, saying it was "crippled by union work rules," noted Isaacson. "Until the teachers' unions were broken, there was almost no hope for education reform." Jobs proposed allowing principals to hire and fire teachers based on merit, that schools stay open until 6 p.m. and that they be open 11 months a year.
Steve Jobs was wrong. Factories move to China not because they have few safety laws, sorry I meant fewer business-handicapping regulations , but because we can pay them $1/hour instead of $10.

Obama's not perfect, but really there's no other option. I read Obama's Wars a few months ago, it seems his biggest problem is the people around him rather than him not being capable of something.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I support a lot of the OWS protestors gripes, but when I see that 50% of them want to reelect this cretin - and indeed so many of you here - I just facepalm. I can't believe the level of reality disconnect.
Have you seen the current crop of republican hopefuls? I mean if Huntsman got the Republican nomination, and Obama was run over by a bus and replaced with Alec Baldwin, I might be tempted. But otherwise...

Most of you here worshipped at the altar of arch-not-very-nice-person Steve Jobs (I notice no comments from you when Dennis Ritchie died last week - one of the co-fathers of C and UNIX).
Not guilty.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:03 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

You know what, maybe I was wrong. I'm not sure Obama's spent enough time not on his holidays to have done any kind of job, bad or otherwise ...
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:22 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

You know what, maybe I was wrong. I'm not sure Obama's spent enough time not on his holidays to have done any kind of job, bad or otherwise ...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...in;contentBody

It seems Obama has spent just over 60 days on holiday since he came to office, so not too bad considering how little holidays everyone gets over here.

Still a bullshit argument though, when you compare it to Dubya, and anyway a President is never really on holiday.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where "regulations and unnecessary costs" make it difficult for them.
Regulations like "Don't cause half of your workers to commit suicide"
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...in;contentBody

It seems Obama has spent just over 60 days on holiday since he came to office, so not too bad considering how little holidays everyone gets over here.

Still a bullshit argument though, when you compare it to Dubya, and anyway a President is never really on holiday.
That was a delibarate bit of fun poking, I'll admit. Politics aside, I think the guys a twat and I hate the fact that:

a) you can't say you think that because you're branded a racist and
b) anyone even slightly left leaning is expected to hail him as some sort of messiah.

I don't dispute his citizenship (like others), I don't like the Republicans (like others). I'm just massively underwhelmed and I don't like the man. I can't help that, and I really think we're f**ked either way come next November.

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to learn Mandarin ...
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:08 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

That was a delibarate bit of fun poking, I'll admit. Politics aside, I think the guys a twat and I hate the fact that:

a) you can't say you think that because you're branded a racist and
b) anyone even slightly left leaning is expected to hail him as some sort of messiah.

I don't dispute his citizenship (like others), I don't like the Republicans (like others). I'm just massively underwhelmed and I don't like the man. I can't help that, and I really think we're f**ked either way come next November.

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to learn Mandarin ...
Umm... I think both your points are media induced shite. I'm not impressed with him, never was, as I said before I want a Clinton back in the White House. But given the option at the last election Obama was the least worst option especially after McCain admitted he knew f uck all about the economy and followed that with picking the Palin disaster as his VP pick.

It was always obvious that Obama was never going to live up to the hype, and the fact that people are now surprised about that is strange to me.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:12 pm
I have a comma problem

Umm... I think both your points are media induced shite. I'm not impressed with him, never was, as I said before I want a Clinton back in the White House. But given the option at the last election Obama was the least worst option especially after McCain admitted he knew f uck all about the economy and followed that with picking the Palin disaster as his VP pick.

It was always obvious that Obama was never going to live up to the hype, and the fact that people are now surprised about that is strange to me.
I know, lesser of two evils and all that. Probably the same now as well, but I try to stay out of politics as much as I can as it makes me want to kill myself.

Even if he was the most successful president in the history of the world, I'd still think he was a twat though. Just personal preference.

For what it's worth - I agree with you on Clinton. As you were.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:43 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Even if he was the most successful president in the history of the world, I'd still think he was a twat though. Just personal preference.
I don't like his ears.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:15 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I also thought Obama was a one-term Prez, but with the GOP's offerings for next year I'm wondering if people will actually vote for any of them. I honestly keep thinking that someone is going to come out and say the Republican noms are a joke and we've all been punked.
Didn't Herman Cain say that being gay is a personal choice during the debate? But that he 'respects that personal choice.' Which is nice of him, in turn I respect his choice to be black.
Morons.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 11:25 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Either way at least we will say goodbye to a whole bunch of colossal dunderheads. Either to the trash heap in disgrace or to be replaced so they can "see their families" and let someone else enjoy a second term turnaround.

No more Timothy Geithner - presumably he'll become some sort of tax expert. Time will probably judge him as having miraculously saved the US from the precipice of doom, only to then go ahead and do dumb shit anyway.

We can all say thank God the nightmare is over when Hillary Clinton stops doing whatever it is she does. She was an appalling representative for my state and has been a ridiculously incompetent Sec of State. I realize realpolitik internally meant Obama had to give her the plum job of Sec of State but she has blundered through every single situation like a total idiot.

Eric Holder will be very lucky to hold on as Attorney General. He's very unpopular and will ebcome more so in what seems like it will be a hostile Senate. Gone too will probably go Janet Napolitano and Kathleen Sebelius. Oh well....

I'm wondering if old Joe Biden won't hang up his wig. If Obama wins he might even pick a feisty bastard for VP. Like Russ Feingold. Or (gasp) Rahm Emannuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.