Wikiposts

Obama and Hillary

Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama and Hillary

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The problem with Tracy is she's a great example. And she's already one of BE's success stories. When she hears someone outside BE come out with a typically glib praise of the superiority of the American health care system, I'm certain she doesn't perceive it the way she did a year ago.
Re. your earlier post (sorry, didn't go back and quote it) you're referring to our environment making it easy to influence folks - again I point out, I have been influenced (in this issue) mainly by Brits.

I do not generally run around waving the flag and saying "we're the best". On general principle, I think we are strong in many areas (innovation etc.). Obvoiusly I don't think we have the most wonderful well-run govt, capable of taking care of all our needs.

Have I learned some things I didn't know? Of course, no problem admitting that. I would always have known that being uninsured is a problem - that it could be easier to get into a problem where you'd lose insurance - maybe easier than I thought.

Reading HIPAA - seeing both it's strengths, and limitations - that was new to me.

So sure, I'm happy to learn new things.

Anyway - perhaps we should stop this bit soon- since others would like to go on to other topics, not done to death.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:13 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
WTF is "baby Bush" ?!?!?!
That's what you call it when you get a bikini wax woman! lol
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:17 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
That's what you call it when you get a bikini wax woman! lol
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:19 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

My bad. It's just interesting that Tamms calls President Bush 'baby Bush' and tell us to leave him out of the conversation. Kinda twisted request considering the political conversation going on over the issues that were created under his regime.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:23 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

My bad. It's just interesting that Tamms calls President Bush 'baby Bush' and tell us to leave him out of the conversation. Kinda twisted request considering the political conversation going on over the issues that were created under his regime.

Ooohhh ..... thinking of him as baby Bush makes me puke a little in my mouth.

We can't leave him out. No way no how. Nobody left Clinton "out" in 2000.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:27 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still nursing a healthy hatred for Reagan.

Again though -- would a McCain presidency be apocalyptic?

I'd have to buy some serious happy pills and earplugs to get through Romney, Guiliani or Huckabee as President, but might be able to bear a McCain presidency. No grinning though.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:29 am
Riding on silver wings

We can't leave him out. No way no how. Nobody left Clinton "out" in 2000.
Interesting that you say that because I remember watching Bush speak at the Republican convention about bringing respectability to the White House. This of course after you know what. At the end of the day I've never seen someone bring so much dishonor to the White House other than Nixon. Not only has he done that he's also dragged our reputation as a country down the tubes. Now I know there are those out there that can separate the country from the leader but how can you when in 2004 some in our country saw fit to keep him in office. Just pissed me off really.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The Republican Party is going into the election as the party of war, surely only people who agree with war would vote for them?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:34 am
WTF?

Interesting that you say that because I remember watching Bush speak at the Republican convention about bringing respectability to the White House. This of course after you know what. At the end of the day I've never seen someone bring so much dishonor to the White House other than Nixon. Not only has he done that he's also dragged our reputation as a country down the tubes. Now I know there are those out there that can separate the country from the leader but how can you when in 2004 some in our country saw fit to keep him in office. Just pissed me off really.
I agree. He's an embarrassment and a fool. We've lost all credibility on an international scale. A study came out this week stating that the Bush administration lied to the public almost a thousand times about the reasoning behind invading Iraq.

Simply for appearances sake .... I'd rather have a president who gets a blow job than one who chokes on a pretzel and faints.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. He's an embarrassment and a fool. We've lost all credibility on an international scale. A study came out this week stating that the Bush administration lied to the public almost a thousand times about the reasoning behind invading Iraq.

Simply for appearances sake .... I'd rather have a president who gets a blow job than one who chokes on a pretzel and faints.
Ummm... not arguing the guys on any other point, but...

Choking on a pretzel could happen to anyone, is just an accident - why does that bother you?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:36 am
Riding on silver wings

I'd rather have a president who gets a blow job than one who chokes on a pretzel and faints.
That one my dear is priceless!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym

Choking on a pretzel could happen to anyone, is just an accident - why does that bother you?
It's the last straw
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:43 am
WTF?

I find that actually chewing food before swallowing tends to help one to not choke.... Do you choke to the point of fainting very often? I don't. As a matter of fact I can't think of a single person that I know that ever has choked to the point of fainting.

He's a buffoon. It doesn't bother me though - I didn't vote for him.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:45 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It's the last straw
The pretzel that broke the camels back.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:54 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Re. your earlier post (sorry, didn't go back and quote it) you're referring to our environment making it easy to influence folks - again I point out, I have been influenced (in this issue) mainly by Brits.

I do not generally run around waving the flag and saying "we're the best". On general principle, I think we are strong in many areas (innovation etc.). Obvoiusly I don't think we have the most wonderful well-run govt, capable of taking care of all our needs.

Have I learned some things I didn't know? Of course, no problem admitting that. I would always have known that being uninsured is a problem - that it could be easier to get into a problem where you'd lose insurance - maybe easier than I thought.

Reading HIPAA - seeing both it's strengths, and limitations - that was new to me.

So sure, I'm happy to learn new things.

Anyway - perhaps we should stop this bit soon- since others would like to go on to other topics, not done to death.
Poor old Tracy. Have your own opinion and it's suddenly considered 'worthless' by some snooty BE posters because you're not a Brit and so you can't possibly 'understand' the NHS.

I wax lyrical about it in the office. Sure, I resent paying $300 a month for health insurance, - but I resent it less than paying $150 national insurance for the NHS and THEN having to pay for private medical insurance in the UK!

Not that I did. I couldn't afford it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.