Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

O/T: What did you do for New Year?

O/T: What did you do for New Year?

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 4:59 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O/T: What did you do for New Year?

Off topic, but what did everyone do for New Year?

Corey and I had such a hectic Christmas, we decided to have a quiet New Year. I was debating calling my family, but I remembered that my mum said she wasn't going anywhere or doing anything, so I didn't want to wake her. At 6.55pm US time, the phone rang, and it was my mum. She held the phone up to the TV while Big Ben was chiming in the New Year, and said she thought I might want to hear it! I was so touched. I talked to one of my brother's as well, but the other one had gone out. That was all I needed for my New Year celebration! Corey and I crashed out around 10.30pm, and it was so nice!

My mum also got me lots of little Brit novelties for Christmas, like Mini Cooper salt & pepper shakers, and phone box & London bus fridge magnets, and it's so nice that she won't let me forget my roots!!!!!

Kate. xxxxxxxx
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:20 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O/T: What did you do for New Year?

Hi Kate,

We had a quiet New Year's day too. The night before, we watched (on TV) the ball drop at Time Square, and they showed a clip from It's a Wonderful Life with little Zuzu, who we named our puppy after!! Next day we relaxed and had a cornish hen NY day dinner, talked to family...played with puppy...played some LAN games (yep we're computer nerds ).

Juliet
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:48 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1

Corey and I had such a hectic Christmas, we decided to have a quiet New Year. I was debating calling my family, but I remembered that my mum said she wasn't going anywhere or doing anything, so I didn't want to wake her. At 6.55pm US time, the phone rang, and it was my mum. She held the phone up to the TV while Big Ben was chiming in the New Year, and said she thought I might want to hear it! I was so touched. I talked to one of my brother's as well, but the other one had gone out. That was all I needed for my New Year celebration! Corey and I crashed out around 10.30pm, and it was so nice!

My mum also got me lots of little Brit novelties for Christmas, like Mini Cooper salt & pepper shakers, and phone box & London bus fridge magnets, and it's so nice that she won't let me forget my roots!!!!!

Kate. xxxxxxxx
We had a quiet night together. New Year's Eve was a sentimental day for us, our first one TOGETHER and the 5th anniversary of my husband calling me for the first time (talked 3 hours). Two days later he proposed sight unseen ! Sigh
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I called my wife in Aruba at midnight her time chatted for ten minutes and then went to bed.

Kate. xxxxxxxx
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:16 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
We had a quiet night together. New Year's Eve was a sentimental day for us, our first one TOGETHER and the 5th anniversary of my husband calling me for the first time (talked 3 hours). Two days later he proposed sight unseen ! Sigh
Awwwww
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:33 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
Awwwww

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

kysilver and I spent the New Years together for the first time. We had a wonderful and unforgettable time, and still have till the 12th together
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 11:08 pm
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]Originally posted by katesuiter1

John and I spent our first New Year's Eve on the same side of the pond. We had a movie night with a bunch of our friends and watched the ball drop on TV after toasting the new year we all "BONGED" like Big Ben
Happy New Year to all!!
Cindy
Old Jan 4th 2004, 10:41 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate!!

New Years Eve I spent 1 1/2 hours trying to get through to my husband in Morocco (I guess I wasn't the only one that thought of it. ) When I finally got through, I found out from his family he got stuck working because of the holiday rush. I still haven't talked to him to wish him a Happy New Year (I'm calling in a little while though.)

So naturally I dumped everything out of my closet, and got rid of everything I haven't worn in the past 12 months. This made my closet look kind of empty so .........

New Years Day I went power-shopping and found some incredible sales. Bought 5 pairs of shoes, and a God awful amount of clothes. Happy New Year to me!!

Leslie

Kate. xxxxxxxx
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:08 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Kate. xxxxxxxx

I got a big dinner with my family, ate the grapes, called my honey at 12:00.. but it wasn't new years there yet.. it was cool though
I went out until late and got a bit plastered
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I had to chuckle when I read your post. I, too, spent a half hour trying to call Cairo at midnight there and no luck. However, my husband was trying to get me and had better luck. We chatted for a half hour and then he called me 8 hours later when it was midnight for me (and 8:00 a.m. for him - and he's not a morning person!).

Boy, I wish I could get inspired to clean out my closets. I power shop but rarely mercilessly clean. I thought about doing this so Abdo has some room but I think I'll just buy some more chests with drawers (lol).

Happy New Year Everyone,
Patty Khadijah

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Kate!!

New Years Eve I spent 1 1/2 hours trying to get through to my husband in Morocco (I guess I wasn't the only one that thought of it. ) When I finally got through, I found out from his family he got stuck working because of the holiday rush. I still haven't talked to him to wish him a Happy New Year (I'm calling in a little while though.)

So naturally I dumped everything out of my closet, and got rid of everything I haven't worn in the past 12 months. This made my closet look kind of empty so .........

New Years Day I went power-shopping and found some incredible sales. Bought 5 pairs of shoes, and a God awful amount of clothes. Happy New Year to me!!

Leslie
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

You are never never allowed to speak to my wife. She thinks two pairs of shoes and three sets of clothes is plenty. Guell I gotta get rid of cable the internet and the telephone before she arrives. Then have to lock her inside when ever i leave!!\
\

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Kate!!

Leslie
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:30 am
Boise, ID

katie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant future

I was lucky enough to get to spend New Years with my honey He flew up to Seattle from Florida & I drove down from Vancouver. Seattle was beautiful and it was SO nice to finally get to spend a holiday with my fiance Dropped him off at the airport this afternoon and drove home...boohoo Leaving sucks
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Kate. xxxxxxxx
My honey I were apart for Xmas and New Year , but I called him at 12:00 and he said a prayer for the New Year (He's so sweet) Ahhhh. We are going crazy apart. He sent some of his stuff here though and I got to put some of his clothes and things up in the house...This gave me so much joy, but was also sad because I want him here too!

Happy New Year everyone and hope that we all get our approvals soon!

Cheers,
Angela
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:13 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
You are never never allowed to speak to my wife. She thinks two pairs of shoes and three sets of clothes is plenty.

Tony,

You actually fell for that?

Tsk Tsk Tsk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.