Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

NTSB Trying To Ban All Driver Cell-Phone Use

NTSB Trying To Ban All Driver Cell-Phone Use

Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:47 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NTSB Trying To Ban All Driver Cell-Phone Use

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I don't remember the finer points - this was an anecdote related to me in the late 90s

It did seem strange to me that he couldn't just wait, though. I mean, we all get bored on a drive from time to time but I can't say it ever occurred to me that it might be a good idea to have a quick one off the wrist to help get over the boredom ...
Can you imagine what would happen if he commuted by train.....1 hour delay due to points failure Clapham Junction so he whips it out for a quick hand shandy......

Actually, on refelction, I bet the rest of the carriage would still hide behind their papers and pretend nothing was going on.....
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:59 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Can you imagine what would happen if he commuted by train.....1 hour delay due to points failure Clapham Junction so he whips it out for a quick hand shandy......

Actually, on refelction, I bet the rest of the carriage would still hide behind their papers and pretend nothing was going on.....
That reminds me of a story I read a while ago where a train full of people were the unwitting witnesses to a bloke violating a goat in a nearby field
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
...I would be willing to bet, that since the truck was stopped at the intersection the driver of the SUV was on the phone and realized, too late that the way they load the logs around here (a pet peeve of mine) meant that the rear of the truck and its load, was not limited to the boundary of the actual end of the semi trailer.
They're allowed to load the logs like that? They're not around here, which is something.

A few years back, not far from where the in-laws live, some kid holidaying up in Sugarloaf was showing off his new birthday present, a new Porsche, was on the phone and was over taking a car and didn't see the log truck which he hit head on.

Car was completely crushed and they found the kids head, sheared clean off, by the side of the road.

The log truck driver worked with FIL, he's never been able to drive since, even though he was completely cleared of any wrong doing.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Having said that, back home my mum worked with a woman who was married to a lorry driver who once saw a bloke having a wank on the way up the M2
I was over taken by a chap in a Merc on the Mass Pike having a hand shandy....definitely a OMG moment that :/
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:37 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They're allowed to load the logs like that? They're not around here, which is something.

A few years back, not far from where the in-laws live, some kid holidaying up in Sugarloaf was showing off his new birthday present, a new Porsche, was on the phone and was over taking a car and didn't see the log truck which he hit head on.

Car was completely crushed and they found the kids head, sheared clean off, by the side of the road.

The log truck driver worked with FIL, he's never been able to drive since, even though he was completely cleared of any wrong doing.
Trust me I know, my Dad had a logging operation and it was all nice neatly cut pulpwood, none of this take down the tree, take off branches and then load it, regardless of the lengths on the truck the way it is here..
Old Apr 5th 2012, 1:28 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I was over taken by a chap in a Merc on the Mass Pike having a hand shandy....definitely a OMG moment that :/
How often does stuff like that happen?
Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

How often does stuff like that happen?
Not that often, usually they're driving a Beemer.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:28 am
I have a comma problem

Or a Mercedes, apparently ...
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:49 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Or a Mercedes, apparently ...
You don't like it, when somebody makes a joke you missed, do you?

Be a gentleman and just laugh at Cindy's very funny post, eh?
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:49 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:20 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
You don't like it, when somebody makes a joke you missed, do you?

Be a gentleman and just laugh at Cindy's very funny post, eh?
I got the joke - Bob had witnessed it happening in a Mercedes.

Cock.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:30 am
Life goes on.

I got the joke - Bob had witnessed it happening in a Mercedes.

Cock.
Whoosh.

I meant Cindy made the joke you missed making.

Tool.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:31 am
I have a comma problem

Whoosh.

I meant Cindy made the joke you missed making.

Tool.

I thought you'd like that one.

(My dad recently bought a BMW - he's not a wanker. If he was, I wouldn't be here to annoy you)
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:41 am
Life goes on.

I thought you'd like that one.

(My dad recently bought a BMW - he's not a wanker. If he was, I wouldn't be here to annoy you)
Erm ... you have a daughter AND you're a self-confessed wanker. I suggest you get your Dad to buy another car.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:45 am
I have a comma problem

Erm ... you have a daughter AND you're a self-confessed wanker. I suggest you get your Dad to buy another car.
Actually, I think he has taken it back. He was planning to because it was running a bit funny. It was only a 316, it's not like he was setting the world alight with a cool one, or anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.