Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

no green card lotto in UK..Why?

no green card lotto in UK..Why?

Old Nov 27th 2018, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice
Default no green card lotto in UK..Why?

Anyone know why the uk are excluded from the green card lottery?
Old Nov 27th 2018, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice
Default Re: no green card lotto in UK..Why?

...please ignore, google has answered my question lol
Old Nov 27th 2018, 5:03 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Technically it’s only Great Britain for historical reasons. The whole saga is actually very interesting.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Technically it’s only Great Britain for historical reasons. The whole saga is actually very interesting.
nothing great about Britain no more m8....
Old Nov 27th 2018, 8:53 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CoolHandFluke
u wot m8?

Translation: There is nothing great about Britain any more, friend.

The grass is always greener. There are some great things about the US and lots of really silly, terrible things. It's a mixed bag.
I'm sure there are still some great things about the UK. I wish I could just pop into a Tesco and do all my shopping at once,
and not have to go Sprouts, then Vitamin Cottage, then Whole Foods, then King Soopers. I must've made ten trips to those bloomin' stores over Thanksgiving.

Anyway, you have a cool username.

Last edited by Octang Frye; Nov 27th 2018 at 9:00 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
u wot m8?

Translation: There is nothing great about Britain any more, friend.

The grass is always greener. There are some great things about the US and some really silly, terrible things. It's a mixed bag.
I'm sure there are still some great things about the UK. I wish I could just pop into a Tesco and do all my shopping at once,
and not have to go Sprouts, Vitamin Cottage, Whole Foods, King Soopers.
lol yeah I don't say it as matter of fact, but I want out, as im sure u did at some point!!! il have to work on my lingo if iwas ever to be accepted into the us I guess m8 lol
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Still larger than Brittany.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:01 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused by this.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:08 pm
Peace onion

lol yeah I don't say it as matter of fact, but I want out, as im sure u did at some point!!! il have to work on my lingo if iwas ever to be accepted into the us I guess m8 lol
I totally understand the feeling; getting worn down by the status quo. The weather really can affect you. Reading the doom and gloom and resentment and jealousy and sniping in the Daily Mail.
(I still go there after the Times put up a pay-wall many years ago.) Getting away from all that can do wonders. 'Recently had my cell phone half-inched. Took almost a month to sort out a replacement. It was actually quite nice.

Just telling you my experiences, though; a geographical relocation doesn't fix your mindset. I had depression one time and moved across the country - thinking that would solve my problem. It didn't. I was just depressed somewhere else.

Don't give up on your dreams; make it a long term plan and consider somewhere easier to make that first step. The only thing about being an ex-pat is that once you are, you can never really go "home" again. Home will be forever changed and not what you thought it was. It's a blessing and a curse.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

I totally understand the feeling; getting worn down by the status quo. The weather really can affect you. Reading the doom and gloom and resentment and jealousy and sniping in the Daily Mail.
(I still go there after the Times put up a pay-wall many years ago.) Getting away from all that can do wonders. 'Recently had my cell phone half-inched. Took almost a month to sort out a replacement. It was actually quite nice.

Just telling you my experiences, though; a geographical relocation doesn't fix your mindset. I had depression one time and moved across the country - thinking that would solve my problem. It didn't. I was just depressed somewhere else.

Don't give up on your dreams; make it a long term plan and consider somewhere easier to make that first step. The only thing about being an ex-pat is that once you are, you can never really go "home" again. Home will be forever changed and not what you thought it was. It's a blessing and a curse.
thanks m8.. i gotta try though my feet are itchy
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:58 pm
Peace onion

That itch is what makes some of us adventurers and explorers. We want to see what's over that hill. Take my wife... please.
No, seriously, my wife is a great explorer. Whenever we go somewhere, she has to go into every room, especially the ones that say Authorised Personnel Only.
It stresses me out. We have to hide in the trees at the Botanical Gardens when the Lothlorien Elves (security guards) are turfing people out, so we can be locked in an explore the gardens in the dark.

That itch reminds be of the George Bernard Shaw quote: The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. And Donald Trump.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 10:49 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 28th 2018, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused by this.
The "Great" in "Great Britain" was put there to differentiate the island from Little Britain, known to us today as Brittany.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 12:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

IMO it takes living in a different country to really appreciate the UK.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 2:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'd be grateful if you could work on your lingo for BE please. BE has a thing about text speak use. Yours isn't excessive but it isn't really how we talk here on BE.
It is you , not u
It is mate , not m8 for instance.

No criticism intended here . Just a heads up.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.