Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Nigella is 'banned' from entering the United States

Nigella is 'banned' from entering the United States

Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nigella is 'banned' from entering the United States

Originally Posted by Leslie
Why did I feel the need to do that?

***look what I made him do***
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I've accidentally dropped into a women's lib discussion.
The worst kind at that.

I think some of you need to get a grip on reality tbh.
Not sure why you feel the need to make things up to reinforce whatever point you're trying to make. It matters not to me as I know what was said and why.
You can imagine what you like but it doesn't change the reality of what was actually said.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Women's lib?

Have we time-travelled?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:28 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Women's lib?

Have we time-travelled?
*yawn*

I pretty much wrote him off when he posted that stupid donut cartoon.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

*yawn*

I pretty much wrote him off when he posted that stupid donut cartoon.
He got it off Dogbyte.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonion
I feel like I've accidentally dropped into a women's lib discussion.
The worst kind at that.

I think some of you need to get a grip on reality tbh.
Not sure why you feel the need to make things up to reinforce whatever point you're trying to make. It matters not to me as I know what was said and why.
You can imagine what you like but it doesn't change the reality of what was actually said.
What has been made up?

You know what was said and why...you were there?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

OK I'll reply to the points directed at me and show you how ridiculous some of your statements are.
Choking people (of either gender) in restaurants is normal behavior then?
Well I never said that, never implied it.

I don't have an agenda. But a situation where there is photographic evidence of somebody is putting their hands on another person in an aggressive way is pretty cut and dried. You're the one who's seems to be confused.
Not at all.
You asked me a (loaded) question based on something you imagined I said, which I hadn't.

There's something rather unsettling about this.
Yes there is. Judging by comments here it is bad to hit any woman under any circumstances. I hardly think that's the case in reality.
I have actually had an 'altercation' with a friend over him slapping his mrs.
I don't condone such things, far from it.
But to pretend it's never ever acceptable is a little blinkered. Some circumstances over-ride the normal morality.
A 'battered husband' hittig nback would be understandable.

Oh hush little lady, I'm sure he's a perfectly nice person. All manly and in control. Nothing wrong with slapping certain women around.
Again, making things all dramatic for effect while ignoring what was actually said.
Stick to the facts instead of making things up.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Quite right...how dare Leslie post her opinions in this thread. What a nerve.
It wasn't an opinion, it was a question directed at me based on nothing more than an imagined intent.

Originally Posted by Bob
Well yes, it should be allowed. When they get served before I do...or they have kids that kick my chair...or a host of other reasons...
I'm guessing that was humour... because it's tricky to tell in the current climate.
I hope the ladies get it otherwise you'll be the next one in the noose ;-)
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Women's lib?

Have we time-travelled?
Does appear so.

What has been made up?
All the things that some in here have suggested that I have said.
It's actually pretty farcical.
It does appear a little like a witch hunt.
One person suggests something, others believe it to be true and go after the 'victim'. Albeit with no basis in fact.

You know what was said and why...you were there?
Yes I was there.. it was only a short while ago in this thread.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Does appear so.

All the things that some in here have suggested that I have said.
It's actually pretty farcical.
It does appear a little like a witch hunt.
One person suggests something, others believe it to be true and go after the 'victim'. Albeit with no basis in fact.

Yes I was there.. it was only a short while ago in this thread.

I am impressed...you were actually sat at the table with them?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am impressed...you were actually sat at the table with them?
With who?

Oh, I see, you're still ignoring what I actually typed because it doesn't fit in with your imaginary take on things.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

With who?

Oh, I see, you're still ignoring what I actually typed because it doesn't fit in with your imaginary take on things.
What have I imagined? He had his hand around her throat.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope the ladies get it
Nah probably too thick/emotional.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

It's a pity that the Americans have barred this pouting pothead woman Lawson from entering the United States....many of us were hoping that she would be granted entry into the USA, that she would like what she saw there so much that she decided to seek residency over there, and that her wish for such would be granted.....and that she never, ever set foot on British soil again.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
It's a pity that the Americans have barred this pouting pothead woman Lawson from entering the United States....many of us were hoping that she would be granted entry into the USA, that she would like what she saw there so much that she decided to seek residency over there, and that her wish for such would be granted.....and that she never, ever set foot on British soil again.
Straight guys dig her
Old Apr 4th 2014, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

What have I imagined? He had his hand around her throat.
Again, you're ignoring what I typed in favour of an imagined comment.
Not quite sure why it's so hard to comprehend.
I never once said or implied, or suggested that I knew what was said/done at that table, I've never even mentioned that in any case.

So what you have imagined is that I was talking about that circumstance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.