New fridge freezer?

Old Jul 23rd 2017, 7:52 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New fridge freezer?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Have you tried Ikea? I see their refrigerators have a 5 year warranty and are made by brand-name manufacturers, i.e. likely what you can find at Best Buy but with a better warranty.
Hmmm, that's an idea. Although there's only one Ikea in our state & it's a looong drive, so I'm not sure they'd deliver....
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:38 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Weblue I did a google search for "18 cubic foot refrigerator" and came up loads of options and all well within budget for you
https://www.google.com/search?q=18+c...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 10:14 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Weblue I did a google search for "18 cubic foot refrigerator" and came up loads of options and all well within budget for you
https://www.google.com/search?q=18+c...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Of the four links I clicked on the first page, more or less at random, but one was Lowe's and another was Sears, so major national retailers, two said "this product is no longer available, and other was for a local retailer in NY, NJ, and PA.

Several more are links to "online" retailers that I suspect are regional and/or can't deliver same/next day, or at least not at any sort of reasonable cost.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 12:16 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Of the four links I clicked on the first page, more or less at random, but one was Lowe's and another was Sears, so major national retailers, two said "this product is no longer available, and other was for a local retailer in NY, NJ, and PA.

Several more are links to "online" retailers that I suspect are regional and/or can't deliver same/next day, or at least not at any sort of reasonable cost.
That's not what I got.

Google doing what it does best....

the link to the one that ian put up showed the price as $809 reduced in price. I wonder what it showed for everyone else?

just out of interest I snipped the results - what did you get Pulaski?
Attached Thumbnails New fridge freezer?-google-fridge-1.jpg   New fridge freezer?-google-fridge-2.jpg  
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 12:29 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Before you write off the current fridge, try something like this. fridgefix

10 minute job. I was ready to replace my fridge 2 years ago and this fixed it.

Last edited by RICH; Jul 23rd 2017 at 12:33 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 12:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That's not what I got ....
I used your link!

Re your screen shots: Yup, that's the same list, but I guess you didn't click on the links? Of the four I sampled I would argue that none were useful. As I said above, two were for products that are no longer available, one is for a regional supplier that doesn't cover CT, and the other (I didn't mention above) was a manufacturers site, which has no info on real world pricing or availability for delivery.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 23rd 2017 at 12:39 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 2:58 pm
Austin. TX.

I used your link!

Re your screen shots: Yup, that's the same list, but I guess you didn't click on the links? Of the four I sampled I would argue that none were useful. As I said above, two were for products that are no longer available, one is for a regional supplier that doesn't cover CT, and the other (I didn't mention above) was a manufacturers site, which has no info on real world pricing or availability for delivery.
I clicked on the link and only 1 was not available ( on bestbuy), the rest were available and I clicked on the links at the side and they were ok too.

Best mathematical brains in the country at work here to make sure that links relevant to me in TX are no good to anyone anywhere else.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 12:33 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Before you write off the current fridge, try something like this. fridgefix

10 minute job. I was ready to replace my fridge 2 years ago and this fixed it.
Hmmm, very interesting.... I'll show this to the husband. He says he's tested everything possible to fix this fridge. But if this would save it, it's certainly worth buying. Thanks!
Old Jul 24th 2017, 12:34 am
Under blue skies

Best mathematical brains in the country at work here to make sure that links relevant to me in TX are no good to anyone anywhere else.
Oh no!

Last edited by WEBlue; Jul 24th 2017 at 12:48 am.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I clicked on the link and only 1 was not available ( on bestbuy), the rest were available and I clicked on the links at the side and they were ok too.

I clicked on your link and got a load of Aus fridges.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I clicked on your link and got a load of Aus fridges. ....
Mostly freezer on the bottom, I assume.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:22 am
Austin. TX.

There's also this
https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=refrigerator

they're actually a very cool company....
they say they started out to piss off apple.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Mostly freezer on the bottom, I assume.
Funnily enough I think most of ours are bottom freezers. I think of top freezers as being small and useless.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to consider also is a separate freezer. We bought a small freezer from lowes about three years ago for about $150 and it has worked perfectly. We keep it outside on back porch but it could easily fit in house as it takes little space but is larger than almost any refrigerator freezer.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 4:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Funnily enough I think most of ours are bottom freezers. I think of top freezers as being small and useless.
Having lived in an apartment all my life, the frig was always a top freezer which never held much because the space allotted for the appliance was too small for a larger frig.

Now have a bottom and an loving the two drawers. The top drawer of the freezer is less in depth than the lower one and it has an automatic ice cube maker which, living in this hot climate, is ideal.

Originally Posted by ddsrph
One thing to consider also is a separate freezer. We bought a small freezer from lowes about three years ago for about $150 and it has worked perfectly. We keep it outside on back porch but it could easily fit in house as it takes little space but is larger than almost any refrigerator freezer.
We have a separate freezer as well. Since it is only the two of us and the meats available in the supermarkets around here is crap, we buy in bulk from a butcher and then freeze in appropriate size packages. Saves us money, gives us better quality pork, beef, chicken and turkey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.