Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The New 2011 Ford Fiesta Is Here!

The New 2011 Ford Fiesta Is Here!

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up The New 2011 Ford Fiesta Is Here!

http://autos.aol.com/article/2011-ford-fiesta-review/?icid=main|main|dl7|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fautos.aol.c om%2Farticle%2F2011-ford-fiesta-review%2F

Not bad looking. I had a Mk II 1.1 Ghia which was a great car, back in the UK. Upto 40 mpg, they reckon.

Jim.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:58 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The New 2011 Ford Fiesta Is Here!

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
http://autos.aol.com/article/2011-ford-fiesta-review/?icid=main|main|dl7|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fautos.aol.c om%2Farticle%2F2011-ford-fiesta-review%2F

Not bad looking. I had a Mk II 1.1 Ghia which was a great car, back in the UK. Upto 40 mpg, they reckon.

Jim.
My pride and joy..never to be one-upped...
Attached Thumbnails The New 2011 Ford Fiesta Is Here!-ford.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:37 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

A friend had the 1.6 Super Sport. That was a good looking car.

I wouldn't get one though, after seeing a friend's XR2 (probably a 95 or 96 model) and it was broken into. Do you know how they did it? Then bent the window sill on the passenger side and pried the door open. Fracking tin-foil.

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:38 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Still better than those Metro things. Who the hell designed those?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Still better than those Metro things. Who the hell designed those?
Two words - British Leyland
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I rented a new one last year when in UK. 1.4L engine and 40mpg. Bit small though and a choppy ride over the bumps otherwise not bad.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:16 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Two words - British Leyland
Hey now...it did come in a vanden plas edition....
Attached Thumbnails The New 2011 Ford Fiesta Is Here!-metro.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SDDep
Hey now...it did come in a vanden plas edition....
You must have had one
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:56 am
Not around much..

You must have had one
Nope...we had an....ALLEGRO...the jewel of precision engineering if there ever was one....and sporty...kinda...
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Nope...we had an....ALLEGRO...the jewel of precision engineering if there ever was one....and sporty...kinda...
The Metro is bad enough. I'd keep quiet about the Allegro if I were you Confession time. My dad once had a...wait for it...an Austin Maxi! You could tell it was a vintage '70s BL car. The badge on the back was mis-spelt "Autsin Maxi"
Attached Thumbnails The New 2011 Ford Fiesta Is Here!-om_big6906499.jpg  
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:09 am
Not around much..

The Metro is bad enough. I'd keep quiet about the Allegro if I were you Confession time. My dad once had a...wait for it...an Austin Maxi! You could tell it was a vintage '70s BL car. The badge on the back was mis-spelt "Autsin Maxi"
Well I cant top that, but I can empathise...prior to the allegro...my dad had the ever stylish...Morris Marina, the 2 door coupe no less (chicken coop more like)..

And just as in the picture, ours spent lots of time being towed to the garage...
Attached Thumbnails The New 2011 Ford Fiesta Is Here!-norris-marina-le-front.jpg  
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well I cant top that, but I can empathise...prior to the allegro...my dad had the ever stylish...Morris Marina, the 2 door coupe no less (chicken coop more like)..
Oh yes, the Marina. I liked the Top Gear episode where they raced a Marina against a Lada. Beat the shit out of both. The Marina won but then...

Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And did you know it was the Met police who discoved that if you used a trolley jack on
the front with the doors open ... the car actually bent in the middle
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:00 pm
Not around much..

Oh yes, the Marina. I liked the Top Gear episode where they raced a Marina against a Lada. Beat the shit out of both. The Marina won but then...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6-shNHaJigM&feature=related
Thats it!!! I'm going to send a strongly worded email to the BBC also, and I dont care if they dont read it!!!

And now Clarkson is in my crosshairs...the cheek of it...

Thanks for the early morning laughs

by the way...what a waste of a perfectly good piano...
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:01 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by Ray
And did you know it was the Met police who discoved that if you used a trolley jack on
the front with the doors open ... the car actually bent in the middle
must have been something wrong with the Jack...or more likely the Met...couldnt have been the poor Marina's fault....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.