Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Netflix Documentaries

Netflix Documentaries

Old Jan 1st 2020, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix Documentaries

Watched "Don't f*** with the cats" documentary. Absolutely crazy.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
Not Netflix but a special on CNN on the career of Linda Ronstadt tonight at 9ET should be worth watching.
Just watched it! That was pure delight! I wasn't even a big fan of hers 'back in the day' (though I did enjoy her), but seeing how she made such radical changes right at the peak of her fame, was fascinating. I had no idea she did 'Gilbert and Sullivan', or the 'old classics', or the 'country' music with Emmylou and Dolly, or the beautiful Mexican music (I'm off on a search for more of that now!). What a commitment to the art of music! Seeing her at the end, unable to sing due to Parkinson's, brought tears to my eyes; what a cruel fate for someone so committed to the form.

Old Jan 2nd 2020, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Just watched it! That was pure delight! I wasn't even a big fan of hers 'back in the day' (though I did enjoy her), but seeing how she made such radical changes right at the peak of her fame, was fascinating. I had no idea she did 'Gilbert and Sullivan', or the 'old classics', or the 'country' music with Emmylou and Dolly, or the beautiful Mexican music (I'm off on a search for more of that now!). What a commitment to the art of music! Seeing her at the end, unable to sing due to Parkinson's, brought tears to my eyes; what a cruel fate for someone so committed to the form.
Did you catch her comment about renting a beach front house in Santa Monica for $80 per month.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 4:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Not Netflix but a special on CNN on the career of Linda Ronstadt tonight at 9ET should be worth watching.
Watched it last night. Was interesting.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Did you catch her comment about renting a beach front house in Santa Monica for $80 per month.
Caught that, and a whole lot more! I've spent hours a day over the past week on YouTube, watching Rondstadt performances (it's so f**ing cool to be retired ). Re-kindled my love affair with EmmyLou Harris, and then discovered this absolute gem - a couple of young girls from Sweden (First Aid Kit) who sang a tribute to EmmyLou. I then spent days listening to all their music. I think they will have to rank as my favorite discovery of the past several years!
This is their awesome cover of a great EmmyLou song:
and this is an homage to EmmyLou ...

Old Jan 10th 2020, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

MtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - not Netflix and should be in the "What are you Listening Too" thread but ties in with EmmyLou Harris - recently got All the Road Running, Mark Knopfler and EmmyLou Harris.... I don't do Country, but darn, we can't stop listening to this album.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeejaySmiff
Sorry - not Netflix and should be in the "What are you Listening Too" thread but ties in with EmmyLou Harris - recently got All the Road Running, Mark Knopfler and EmmyLou Harris.... I don't do Country, but darn, we can't stop listening to this album.
Yes, love that album. Also been listening to Tracker and Privateering and delving back to some of the older Dire Straits stuff. Anyway... back to Netflix....
Old Jan 12th 2020, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Not on Netflix but on Prime: The Lindt Cafe Seige.

The Australian Police really screwed up on this hostage situation. This documentary is incredibly sad and emotional to watch.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 3:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Netflix: The Pharmacist.

If you followed the Oxycontin story and big Pharma companies then this story of a small store pharmacist should interest you. This guy is amazing. Really is worth watching.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Don’t **** With Cats after talk at work. WTF?!?!?! Can’t believe this was real life. It was like watching a real life episode of Columbo. Also can’t believe I don’t remember hearing about the case in the news.
Old Feb 22nd 2020, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by markonline1
Watched Don’t **** With Cats after talk at work. WTF?!?!?! Can’t believe this was real life. It was like watching a real life episode of Columbo. Also can’t believe I don’t remember hearing about the case in the news.
Exactly. Unbelievable but belivable!
Old Feb 22nd 2020, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Occupied.
Not a documentary but a great series. Russia taking over Sweden one day af a time!
Old Feb 22nd 2020, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not Netflix, but the recent 'Frontline' (PBS) documentary about Amazon was amazing. First of all, it was great to watch a solid, professional piece of documentary work; no gimmicks, no silly / distracting graphics, people facing the camera when they talk, etc ... just good old-fashioned normal stuff that I'm now learning to appreciate after watching a lot of fluffy stuff from others! As to the actual content - amazing and impressive to see what Amazon have achieved, and also very disturbing to see just how powerful and dominant they have become. The documentary presented a fair assessment, in my view.

Frontline is available on Amazon Prime, but - only specific seasons/episodes, and not this one (yet). But I did find it on youtube -
- the full 2 hours!

Old Feb 23rd 2020, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Occupied.
Not a documentary but a great series. Russia taking over Sweden one day af a time!
oops I meant Norway
Old Mar 28th 2020, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

Nothing better than a good real life murder mayhem crazy series on Netflix if you have cabin fever.
The Tiger King has it all and more.
It really is a WTF moment over and over again. And just as you think there can't be an more to the story another weird and crazy character pops up.

Please watch it. It will take your mind off the other real craziness out there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.