Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Natasha Richardson passes away at 45

Natasha Richardson passes away at 45

Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:20 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Natasha Richardson passes away at 45

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I have the actors/actresses/musicians that I like to watch/listen to, but I really could care less about what goes in their private lives. Their lives & tragedies are no more important than what happens to a 'normal' everyday person. It's no less sad that the woman down the street was killed by a drunk driver than it is for this woman to die. Every life taken by a preventable accident is a tragedy.

I'm not belittling her life, but I think the media belittles the everyday person by not telling us some of their stories of loss, and only focusing on someone famous who's died.
wow a kindred spirit at last

on diana's funeral day the nation was sat at home watching telly like it was someone they knew.

I was motorbiking in the dales on empty roads - superb !

That evening, they were probably all criticizing some woman on their council estate who was a neurotic pill popper and had a moslem boyfriend and spent all her money on clothes - without seeing the irony

ah well, while they are inside watching telly and eating cream cakes to console themselves, they are causing less traffic for me out in the real world - so I won't complain
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:24 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I would have as well since it appeared that nothing was broken, etc.

I condolences to her husband and sons and to her extended family. They have all lost someone they loved and she will be missed by the audience who enjoyed her work.
My dad slipped and fell this weekend in a parking lot, was helped into the car, walked to his hotel room, laid down, and started screaming. He broke had broken his hip and was walking on it!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:25 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Call CNN quick.

Edit: sorry about your dad, I just agree with the above posters.

I never knew her so I dont really care more than knowing its a tragedy.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:28 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Englishtart;7399995] I would think that most people feel 'something' when they hear the news of a celebrities death, no matter how they died. /QUOTE]

I think it brings them (celebrities) even closer into the fold when they die BECAUSE of how they died, it brings them down to our level, especially when it is a tragic and seemingly simple thing, like a fall on a ski slope. The idea, gee this could happen to anyone, regardless of their status or wealth. The status or wealth can't protect them.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:29 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj

on diana's funeral day the nation was sat at home watching telly like it was someone they knew.
No they weren't. Round my way the local park was busier than usual with lots of families enjoying the sun. On the way there I passed lots of people doing every day things like painting the fence, walking to the shops (which were closed ) We were told the nation was in mourning but it wasn't.

I am not that interested in Richardson personally but I empathise with her family losing her. It must be hard for a mother to bury her child no matter how old she is.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:31 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Call CNN quick.

Edit: sorry about your dad, I just agree with the above posters.

I never knew her so I dont really care more than knowing its a tragedy.
Point is, he didn't think he was hurt. He didn't even want to call me, but his wife did after he was admitted....they were on a weekend getaway at a race track. He has MS and there were some other complications so he just got out of the hospital today. They gave him some good meds for the drive home. Luckily, they have a minivan and he can stretch out a little.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:34 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

interesting insight as to how it works

I always thought they were at my level

At school in the 1950's they told me the Queen was perfect (a bit like the Japanese god/emperor) and didnt even go to the toilet

Didnt people know that actresses have arteries that can pop like yours and mine ?

It must be sinking in now after a couple of days thinking about it

Didnt people know that a bang on the head can lead to internal cranial bleeding ?

Why is all this stuff such a revelation ?

Why is everyone changing their ways and taking the cat to the vets now every time it bangs its head on the cat door

What is wrong with all these newly enlightened neurotics ?

jeez if i didnt have a concience i could be a billionaire

Last edited by exvj; Mar 20th 2009 at 6:51 am.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:45 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

<snip> i could be a billionaire
Not if you don't fix the quotes you've just buggered 'cause I'll be killing you in your sleep.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Not if you don't fix the quotes you've just buggered 'cause I'll be killing you in your sleep.
as commanded - decided to take the easy way out and wipe em !

oh dear i have entered curmudgeon valley - it's good down here - going back to my roots as dolly parton used to say
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:54 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

as commanded - decided to take the easy way out and wipe em !

oh dear i have entered curmudgeon valley - it's good down here - going back to my roots as dolly parton used to say
I realize that it was actually Cindy that buggered the quotes. I would never threaten to kill her but somebody has to die.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:59 am
Banned

I realize that it was actually Cindy that buggered the quotes. I would never threaten to kill her but somebody has to die.
hey look I am the finicky picky curmudgeon round here ..

I am also an apostrophe hound and a there/their assassin and a receive/recieve detective

I must admit that I am not overly grumpy about quotes which is strange...

Perhaps we could join forces in zapping these transgressors ?

You can do the 2am to noon shift
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:05 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Texas justice. Somebody gotta pay.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:08 am
WTF?

hey look I am the finicky picky curmudgeon round here ..

I am also an apostrophe hound and a there/their assassin and a receive/recieve detective

I must admit that I am not overly grumpy about quotes which is strange...

Perhaps we could join forces in zapping these transgressors ?

You can do the 2am to noon shift
I don't see how. You make a new paragraph for every sentence and that annoys the shit out of me. Your willy-nilly sentence capitalization is highly suspect as well. I simply cannot make a commitment to you under these circumstances.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:14 am
Banned

I don't see how. You make a new paragraph for every sentence and that annoys the shit out of me. Your willy-nilly sentence capitalization is highly suspect as well. I simply cannot make a commitment to you under these circumstances.
My sentences suffer from claustrophobia and need space between them..
That's a disserbillytie so you can't knock it

Capitalization varies by State and County
Mine is consistent with my local cow pokes - a lovely English sounding expression with wonderful mental images in glorious technicolour (R)

<para>
Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:27 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

My sentences suffer from claustrophobia and need space between them..
That's a disserbillytie so you can't knock it

Capitalization varies by State and County
Mine is consistent with my local cow pokes - a lovely English sounding expression with wonderful mental images in glorious technicolour (R)

<para>
Who the hell are you? I like you, lots!
~SecretGarden

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.