My British School !

Old Sep 16th 2006, 12:14 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My British School !

Originally Posted by gardnma
Agreed, across the board. Kindergarten to 12th grade.
But you know it will never happen.

I know, it's a shame but unfortunately reality.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

The first year we were in the states, our kids school did a poll to parents about school uniforms, it was a very high vote of 'yes' so it was implemented. My husband was on the commitee and got to chose the colours (with my imput of course) and it was so lovely to see all the kids in uniforms the first day back at school the following year. My kids still haven't forgiven him for helping out with the choices, they hated the uniforms, although they were use to them having been in a British school before coming over.

There were only four schools in the district back then, and now there's 14 elementary's and they all have uniforms, didn't make it to the high schoolers of course, but it would be nice if it did. Some of the things those kids wear to school is scary.

Good luck with the job Elaine, it sounds a fantastic place to work, and it must be wonderful hearing all the little British voices every day. I wonder if they have any prayers during assembley? Or is that not allowed becasue they're on American soil?
Old Sep 16th 2006, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the job Elaine, it sounds a fantastic place to work, and it must be wonderful hearing all the little British voices every day. I wonder if they have any prayers during assembley? Or is that not allowed becasue they're on American soil?[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone it is a fantastic place to work and yes hearing the wee posh voices do make me smile a lot ! No prayers as of yet thank goodness !
Its also great to be around british staff too who understand your humour !
Old Sep 16th 2006, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elaineKB
Well we had our first day yesterday with the wee ones and all went very well considering the press were everywhere ! We were on GMTV this morning for about 10sec ! Anyway if your bored this was one of the write ups...
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rnational/home

Forgot how tiring work was I'm shattered !
Great to see this article/school and little ones in proper uniform....
Best of luck to you all
Old Sep 16th 2006, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Isn't it ironic that so many are against uniforms for 'freedom' reasons and then they do noting about the Patriot Act?

I wish there was a British school in my city. I wouldn't have to homeschool mine then!