Don't do what I did

Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:30 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't do what I did

Karma to the first with right answer:

Why did I (other than not having BigDavyG's luck) get a $212 fine + driver's ed for doing 27 mph? Sort-of-clue: Judge reduced it from $424 + 6 points. :scared:
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:46 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't do what I did

Originally Posted by AdobePinon

Why did I (other than not having BigDavyG's luck) get a $212 fine + driver's ed for doing 27 mph? Sort-of-clue: Judge reduced it from $424 + 6 points. :scared:

Were you on your "cell" phone?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:57 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mozoo
Were you on your "cell" phone?
No, although that is illegal in Santa Fe (unless hands-free). <$100 too.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:02 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Riding an ostrich on a public highway without an animal licence while under the influence?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:22 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

You were doing 27mph on a minimum 55mph highway on a scooteround?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Playing with your gun?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:27 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Doing 27mph in a 25mph zone?
They'd certainly do you for that around here!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:28 am
Powder Maggot

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Playing with your gun?
Hmmmm.... wonder if that's legal hands-free only...
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

GaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud of

Were you driving in a 15 mph school zone?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:55 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Driving the wrong way in a car park?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:16 am
Powder Maggot

Originally Posted by GaryK
Were you driving in a 15 mph school zone?
We have a winner. Ordinarily 25 mph, but 15 mph because of the school zone. I'm not usually on the road that time of day, and it was first day of classes. I just had time to wonder 'why the hell is there a traffic cone in the middle of the road', when the cop pulled me over. BTW, no kids in sight. Since found out that the cops were using the cone to tell when to pull the trigger on the radar gun. Typical US misuse of safety devices (along with city buses using their hazard lights to indicate stopping at a bus stop) - if I hadn't been looking at the cone, I'd probably have seen the school zone sign instead. Judge told me that my speed didn't matter - automatically goes to the max for being in a school zone. Fortunately she was nice and gave me traffic school instead of six points.

So there we have it - don't ever go anywhere near a school zone, 'cos they'll f**k you over.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

So there we have it - don't ever go anywhere near a school zone, 'cos they'll f**k you over.
Very true.

Its like overtaking a school bus thats stopped with its sign out offloading or loading the kiddies....automatic 6 points and a possible suspension.

I've got to admit that if the school is in session and theres no kiddies and/or parents running round outside why should the 15 limit be in force?

Back home we would strictly enforce the limit outside a school during droppoff/pickup times (if we were about) but we'd make our selves highly visible (ie park the marked up motor in full view and stand around in uniform looking pretty) to slow people down. Our aim was to make sure people actually slowed down not just nick em for speeding....99 times out of a 100 a shake of the head a glare and a motion to slow down would be all that was needed for the more blinkered drivers.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Don't do what I did

We have a winner. Ordinarily 25 mph, but 15 mph because of the school zone. I'm not usually on the road that time of day, and it was first day of classes. I just had time to wonder 'why the hell is there a traffic cone in the middle of the road', when the cop pulled me over. BTW, no kids in sight. Since found out that the cops were using the cone to tell when to pull the trigger on the radar gun. Typical US misuse of safety devices (along with city buses using their hazard lights to indicate stopping at a bus stop) - if I hadn't been looking at the cone, I'd probably have seen the school zone sign instead. Judge told me that my speed didn't matter - automatically goes to the max for being in a school zone. Fortunately she was nice and gave me traffic school instead of six points.

Kill your speed, not a child!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:13 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Kill your speed, not a child!
True but from my experience the biggest offenders are parents who have just dropped their kids off and now don't give a flying *(&( about anyone else's as they hit 30+ MPH pulling away.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:33 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, they will hang you out to dry if you commit a crime near a school. I might do 5, 10 or 15 over the limit elsewhere but at a school zone, I do whatever it says on the sign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.