Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Music in commercials

Wikiposts

Music in commercials

Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Music in commercials

Have you ever been drawn to the music in a commercial?

I really like the song in this one:

I'm a huge Simon & Garfunkel fan and it has a similar feel to me.

And enjoyed this one when it was out:

And while there's no song involved, l love the cell phone ad where the little girl gives her dad her stuffed animal to take with him on his business trip, and he sends her pictures taken on his camera phone.

I need to get out more ...
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Music in commercials

...Yup - you do need to get out more! Mind you having said that I always find myself tapping my feet to that song on the new Apple airbook advert...
so I also need to get out more!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keira-2007
...Yup - you do need to get out more! Mind you having said that I always find myself tapping my feet to that song on the new Apple airbook advert...
so I also need to get out more!
Lol - I don't know what one you're talking about. There's hope for me yet.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Lol - I don't know what one you're talking about. There's hope for me yet.
You know, the worlds thinnest notebook/laptop. It fits into an internal mail envelope used in businesses... well I obviously watch far too much tv then! It seems to be on every 5 minutes. I saw it countless times earlier while I was watching American Idol... (God, did I really just admit that?)
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:51 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever been drawn to the music in a commercial?

I really like the song in this one:

I'm a huge Simon & Garfunkel fan and it has a similar feel to me.

And enjoyed this one when it was out:

And while there's no song involved, l love the cell phone ad where the little girl gives her dad her stuffed animal to take with him on his business trip, and he sends her pictures taken on his camera phone.

I need to get out more ...
I am an uneducated duffer but I love that BA ad music.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:52 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked this one from Hummer with the soundtrack by Filter. The music comes in half way. I like the track so much I downloaded it.

Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:21 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Over the years VW has done some good commercials and music choices - for instance
- but the original song's video is just as cool to watch. Who can forget the old Jetta commercial?

Years ago they used Nick Drake's Pink Moon which resulted in more sales of the song than Drake ever did when he was alive - goes to show how influential commercials can be.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Over the years VW has done some good commercials and music choices - for instance
- but the original song's video is just as cool to watch. Who can forget the old Jetta commercial?

Years ago they used Nick Drake's Pink Moon which resulted in more sales of the song than Drake ever did when he was alive - goes to show how influential commercials can be.
True! My cousin is a songwriter and two of his songs were aired in commercials. Not a bad way to earn some $$ either I suspect.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:52 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I've always had a thing about finding music that I loved in ads.

One of the hardest for me to track down was the music from the old Breathe.com ad - it turns out to be Folk Implosion's Wet Stuff, although it's really a remixed Satie piano piece.

I also really liked the Levi's Twisted ad with Pepe Deluxe's Before You Leave.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:16 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

The music for this commercial suits BA perfectly, they still use that music on the planes..
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by anabella
The music for this commercial suits BA perfectly, they still use that music on the planes..
Here's one for you Anna.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:53 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
I thought you were going to be mentioning this one. Its been the quintessential BA 'theme'

Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:11 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one for you Anna.
I've never seen that commercial!!!

I like it very much, cheers!!

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
I thought you were going to be mentioning this one. Its been the quintessential BA 'theme'

http://www.sfxb.co.uk/80sfgfx/ateamba.jpg
They couldn't have chosen a better song..
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:00 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

One was a Clannad song-Harry's Game for the Passat ads-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/r...gSuffix=dp_img

and the other was the poem in this ad for the Tahoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crXvkjAPZDQ
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:26 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend’s band was used for the new Cadillac commercials. The Band Hum, The song Stars. Funny thing is they broke up 10 years ago. Bloody good band. We played a lot of shows together back in the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.