Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Most Expensive Tank of Gas Ever?

Most Expensive Tank of Gas Ever?

Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

newbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Most Expensive Tank of Gas Ever?

So I'm off sick from work today and had to go for an X-ray - had to get some gas on the way.

Not feeling the full ticket today - and unfortunately fill my tank with diesel instead of regular unleaded.

Driving away from the gas station and engine grinds to a complete halt - get towed to a garage - and they've just called to say its going to cost $1,100 to put right.

Is this the most expensive tank of gas ever?

And yes, i'm aware that I'm an idiot
Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:36 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Expensive Tank of Gas Ever?

I think the Exxon Valdez was the most expensive tank of gas ever.....if you ignore that it was oil and see the joke of it
Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:39 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newbieloubie
So I'm off sick from work today and had to go for an X-ray - had to get some gas on the way.

Not feeling the full ticket today - and unfortunately fill my tank with diesel instead of regular unleaded.

Driving away from the gas station and engine grinds to a complete halt - get towed to a garage - and they've just called to say its going to cost $1,100 to put right.

Wow, I've never known someone who's actually done that! Yes it probably is the most expensive tank (unless you own a Hummer, in which case you deserve it)
Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

newbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
I think the Exxon Valdez was the most expensive tank of gas ever.....if you ignore that it was oil and see the joke of it
... probably cost more to fix than mine as well!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Wow, I've never known someone who's actually done that! Yes it probably is the most expensive tank (unless you own a Hummer, in which case you deserve it)
I think I'm going to be the only person that a lot of people know that has done it.

Feeling a bit sheepish
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:15 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth did you get the gas nozzle into your filler opening? The nozzle size for diesel is so large as to NOT FIT into a standard gasoline car's hole.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:19 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

If it's any consolation, I used to have a buddy that owned a gas station in Palm Springs. He used to have at least a couple of incidents a month of people driving off with the gas dispenser gun still in their gas tank, which is why it's designed to break away and shut off the flow of gas apparently.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ironporer
How on earth did you get the gas nozzle into your filler opening? The nozzle size for diesel is so large as to NOT FIT into a standard gasoline car's hole.
I did wonder at the time why it was a bit of a struggle!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart
If it's any consolation, I used to have a buddy that owned a gas station in Palm Springs. He used to have at least a couple of incidents a month of people driving off with the gas dispenser gun still in their gas tank, which is why it's designed to break away and shut off the flow of gas apparently.
I feel a little better that I didn't do that (although give it time ...!)
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes....I didn't think that was possible. I thought the nozzle was too big for a regular tank.

Maybe you could sue.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yikes....I didn't think that was possible. I thought the nozzle was too big for a regular tank.

Maybe you could sue.

ooo hurrah - litigation!!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that poppet

if it helps I once drove away from the pump while the gas was actually still pumping
I was paying no attention the hubby was walking out after paying and i just assumed he had stopped pumping, paid and we were off.
A VERY blond moment
Gas all over the pavement as hubby is frantically waving his arms to stop
The nice cashier didn't charge us for the spill tho.........
Probably thought poor bastard married to that dumb blond :scared:
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm going to be the only person that a lot of people know that has done it.

Feeling a bit sheepish
Put you're sheep's clothes away....... I know a gal at work that did this too
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by lionheart
Is it? The one at Chesterfeild Truckstop in the UK wasn't designed like that....I managed to rip the pump right out of the ground and caused quite a few quids worth of damage (can't tell you exactly how much as I didn't stick around to find out). All because some twat was yajkking to me and I forgot the nozzle was still in the tank.......oh how I did laugh (about an hour or so later).

Serve's them right, the parkings way to expensive, the food was shite and the strippers all looked like Amerlisa.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:37 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Is it? The one at Chesterfeild Truckstop in the UK wasn't designed like that....I managed to rip the pump right out of the ground and caused quite a few quids worth of damage (can't tell you exactly how much as I didn't stick around to find out). All because some twat was yajkking to me and I forgot the nozzle was still in the tank.......oh how I did laugh (about an hour or so later).

Serve's them right, the parkings way to expensive, the food was shite and the strippers all looked like Amerlisa.
That's what my mate told me. I don't know, suppose it makes sense if it happens a couple of times a week, he'd have lost a fortune in spilt gas. If memory serves he also said people would just drive off with the nozzle still in their gas tank, he'd then have to foot the bill for a new gas nozzle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.