More deported for minor crimes

Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: More deported for minor crimes

J1, F1.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:38 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
Exactly, therefore for most educated people from the UK and Europe it's not a piece of pie in the slightest.
We see that all the time here.
I just don't agree. Not even slightly. US companies has a track history of recruiting the brightest and the best from (foreign) universities. If you are good, there are visa's (potentially, depending on caps etc) available.

I know lots of people who have done a couple of years at a good (usually a startup) employer then transferred over on L-1 visa's. An ex colleague is just about to come to NYC for a year on an L-1B for example.

I wish we could see "immigration reform" make it easier for such people to get some experience here. I believe the cultural and intellectual mix would benefit the U.S. And of course many would form relationships, get married and stay.
The US is already a cultural and intellectual mix imo.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:43 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I just don't agree. Not even slightly. US companies has a track history of recruiting the brightest and the best from (foreign) universities. If you are good, there are visa's (potentially, depending on caps etc) available.
You can disagree all you want, but the fixed quota on immigrant visas for employment-based I-140s is 140,000 per year. Canada grants LPR status to about 60-70,000 people for employment-based reasons per year and has one-ninth of the population.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

How many of the 140,000 would be the best and brightest?
Old Apr 12th 2014, 1:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
How many of the 140,000 would be the best and brightest?
Well that would be just one, wouldn't it? Mr Horace clearly is the best and brightest.

It's just a shame he failed so miserably at grammar with all those superfluous apostrophes. It seems having a degree from one of the best universities in UK isn't the dog's bollocks after all.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Well that would be just one, wouldn't it? Mr Horace clearly is the best and brightest.

It's just a shame he failed so miserably at grammar with all those superfluous apostrophes. It seems having a degree from one of the best universities in UK isn't the dog's bollocks after all.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 2:03 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
You can disagree all you want, but the fixed quota on immigrant visas for employment-based I-140s is 140,000 per year. Canada grants LPR status to about 60-70,000 people for employment-based reasons per year and has one-ninth of the population.
So don't go on a fixed quota employment visa, as I believe I pointed out earlier.

Canada also has an economic requirement to grant LPR status, the US is an economic powerhouse, it has no such need to take such steps.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 2:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy

I'll take an Oxon degree in lieu of my (continued) mistakes with apostrophes.

Cheers though!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 2:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

How many Countries other than the US allow sponsorship of Siblings?

Seem to remember Canada put a cap on Parents.
Its 5,000 applications per year for parents and grandparent sponsorship.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 5:58 am
Account Closed

Another Immigrant in the news:

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/...a4bcf6878.html
A former River Valley High School student's immigration status is in jeopardy following a conviction for selling marijuana brownies at school to raise money for a prom dress.
On Monday, Sutter County Superior Court Judge Brian R. Aronson sentenced Saira Munoz, 19, to four years formal probation and nine days in jail with credit for time served.
Munoz was convicted of felony child endangerment and misdemeanor possession of marijuana on school grounds when she pleaded no contest to the charges Feb. 7.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Another Immigrant in the news: ..... A former River Valley High School student's immigration status is in jeopardy following a conviction for selling marijuana brownies at school ......
Can you say "crass stupidity"?
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:16 am
Account Closed

She just wanted to buy a nice prom dress and Obama is going to deport her, tearing her from her family and everything she knows!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:25 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

She just wanted to buy a nice prom dress and Obama is going to deport her, tearing her from her family and everything she knows!
Hypothetically, if I was an illegal alien I would do anything and everything to avoid coming into contact with local, state, or federal law enforcement, but especially federal because immigration is a federal matter, so what does she do? .... see my previous post above!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Could she not get a paper round instead of selling drugs? I know it's what I did when I wanted new clothes for school.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

Designer Dress?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.