British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Mid-terms - hold my nose and tick the box? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/mid-terms-hold-my-nose-tick-box-945893/)

robin1234 Nov 9th 2022 3:32 pm

Re: Mid-terms - hold my nose and tick the box?

Originally Posted by nettlebed (Post 13153394)
I think it's a plea for Cheeto Man not to forget her in the future. Don't forget, he HATES losers.

Realistically, I think Trump is now finished. His presence was a significant detriment to Republican electoral chances in 2018 and in 2020. Now, 2022 they significantly underperformed too. Who did spectacularly well for the republicans in 2022? De Santis in Florida. I think republicans running for election & Republican electoral managers can clearly see the trends. It’s off to prison or the nursing home for Trump.

nettlebed Nov 9th 2022 3:57 pm

I remember hearing a quote about Trump that when something along the lines of "If it wasn't for his money, Trump would be the guy on the subway that everyone avoids because he's standing there yelling and waving his dick".

Jsho Nov 10th 2022 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Anian (Post 13153384)
The "close race" was a complete blowout, with the Republican losing by 14%. I know the media like to pretend that things are closer than they are, but the pollsters putting a race at 1% difference and then being so terribly wrong just shows how little we should rely on polls for these things. The "red wave" has been non-existent in my area, and appears to be a light splash around the rest of the country.

Still more than a good chance the republican party gains control of both chamber's, regardless of the wave size.....

PetrifiedExPat Nov 10th 2022 10:33 pm

Not much difference between the two parties. I vote D, because they align with my ideals, if the R's get in, the $$$ roll in. I make the best of both worlds.

robin1234 Nov 11th 2022 12:36 pm

It is bad enough that people are encouraged (guilt-tripped) to give money to candidates and PACs during the campaign and all the way up to Election Day. But even worse - candidates are now in the “you gave me money during the campaign, now you need to give me more money to make sure the counting of votes happens right” phase.

I gave to Katie Hobbs, and now I need to keep giving, otherwise Kari Lake will steal the election? To me, this starkly illustrates what is wrong with the administration of elections in the US. I’m not blaming Hobbs - she’s forced into this strategy by the system.