The MI Group

Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

wareeswally will become famous soon enoughwareeswally will become famous soon enough
Default The MI Group

Am just starting to research removal companies as we are moving back to the UK this summer from BC and the MI Group name keeps cropping up in past posts.
When I looked briefly at their website, it read that they deal with corporate clients and their employees.
Has anyone that has used them been through company moves or have they used tehm privately?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Back to UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The MI Group

Am also doing research into moving companies , MI seem to be one of the more expensive
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

We used MI group for our move from Toronto to Belfast and they were first class Their customer service was excellent they replied quickly to emails and phone calls and the guys that packed our stuff did a great job too.

When we got quotes they were more expensive but when I pointed out that we got a cheaper quote from another company they matched it
Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Yesterday I had a quote from MI. To give them due they were one of the only companies that returned my calls and gave a quote really quickly. I don't think we will use them as money is an issue for us and we want to save as much as we can. But customer service was first rate.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:47 am
Account Closed

agree completly! They gave us a quote within a few hours !
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Yesterday I had a quote from MI. To give them due they were one of the only companies that returned my calls and gave a quote really quickly. I don't think we will use them as money is an issue for us and we want to save as much as we can. But customer service was first rate.
Just wanted to point out as well that the rough email quote MI gave us ended up being about $2,000 more than the final quote they gave us after visiting our house
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Who did you use in the end?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

old fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Just wanted to point out as well that the rough email quote MI gave us ended up being about $2,000 more than the final quote they gave us after visiting our house
Not sure if it's a shipper tactic or not but when we moved from England to Canada our final bill was a couple of grand more than the quote. Something for all to bear in mind. When we go back (Oh pse God, soon!!!) I will add $2.5K to the quote and consider myself ahead if it's less afterwards!!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

good thinking I always over estimate for everything, then I am always ahead when it comes in as less.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old fat biker bloke
Not sure if it's a shipper tactic or not but when we moved from England to Canada our final bill was a couple of grand more than the quote. Something for all to bear in mind. When we go back (Oh pse God, soon!!!) I will add $2.5K to the quote and consider myself ahead if it's less afterwards!!
That's kinda what I was expecting when we got the initial shipping quote so I was pleasantly surprised when the final quote was a good bit lower. I think we were quoted almost $10,000 but ended up paying just over $8,000.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

Used the MI group for a corporate move from Calgary to Red Deer, great experience so we got them to quote for the move back to the UK. They were not the cheapest but the service was wonderful, nothign broken or lost and the price was exactly as quoted.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
That's kinda what I was expecting when we got the initial shipping quote so I was pleasantly surprised when the final quote was a good bit lower. I think we were quoted almost $10,000 but ended up paying just over $8,000.

hello Elaine..

so $8000 included beds and everything from couches/tables...I can't remember if i asked this b4?

We are thinking of selling everything except photos and some collectibles, bring the kids beds and buy new most things we need in the UK. Ikea isn't too bad for start ups? and ASDA for electrical. I'm hoping that anyway
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

old fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really niceold fat biker bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by dewdrop
hello Elaine..

so $8000 included beds and everything from couches/tables...I can't remember if i asked this b4?

We are thinking of selling everything except photos and some collectibles, bring the kids beds and buy new most things we need in the UK. Ikea isn't too bad for start ups? and ASDA for electrical. I'm hoping that anyway
Hello again Dewdrop!! I have seen others urging caution over the size of Canadian beds compared to the size of British bedrooms: the same goes for sofas & front rooms. Good luck with your move - we are now considering Norfolk, by the way.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old fat biker bloke
Hello again Dewdrop!! I have seen others urging caution over the size of Canadian beds compared to the size of British bedrooms: the same goes for sofas & front rooms. Good luck with your move - we are now considering Norfolk, by the way.

thanks for your concern, the children's beds we have are from Ikea. so i'm not too worried as they can be broken down into a million and one pieces...not bringing mattresses..trying to keep it simple when we move. as not want to store anything?

so Norfolk, nice area! have you looked into where you will stay, rent?...that's my next worry? how do we find a place b4 we step off the plane?
gone a little of topic now..lol
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dewdrop
hello Elaine..

We brought almost everything (including an Ikea sofa bed, our son's bed and the baby's crib) but we sold our King size bed and a small dining room table and 4 chairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.