me and my boys

Old Oct 12th 2010, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

sparky35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default me and my boys

This is my two boys from the left is Thomas who is 10yrs old & Aaron who is eight yrs old.

In 1998 I met a wonderful lady from America her name was Laura, we met up and enjoyed each others company and so we decided that we both wanted to be with each other. Then in march 1999 Laura fell pregnant , we both then decided to move to America in which we did in June 1999, in July 1999 I filled my papers with an immigration attorney so everything look like it was going well.
Then in October 1999 I had to go to immigration in Atlanta to get my employment authorize card (green card) I then got a job with fanning construction doing dry lining things were going well I then got a mortgage and we moved into our new house at Christmas 1999. And then Thomas was born on December 30th 1999 best thing ever to cut a story short all was well and then Aaron was born April 24 2002. Then I received a letter from immigration in Atlanta asking me to come for an interview so they can make a decision on granting me resident or not, so myself and Laura went to Atlanta with all our photos tax papers and other documentation, we were then both interviewed and I was not granted residency as they said they want to see us back in a year so they could look at that years taxes. Then it went bad to worse as this had caused a lot of stress as I did not know now what the future may hold.

Then in may 2002 myself and laura split up which I think it was all the stress that caused our marriage to end, in July 2002 I came back to England what I did not know was if you fill your papers with immigration while you are living there you are not aloud to leave the country but if you do leave like I did then your immigration papers are thrown out. Since leaving America myself and Laura have remand good friends. Laura has now meet someone and had a little girl I must stress that we both still are friends and her partner is very good step dad to them.

But I am looking for help as I have been trying to fight my way back to America so I can be with my boys. Immigration law states that my boys can sponsor me but only when they reach the age of 21 which is stupid by that time I would of missed so much of them growing up which I have already missed far to much of there lives. All I want in life is to work and be with my boys in America but it is so hard to get an employer in America to sponsor me while I am in the uk. The other option is investment visa but I would need £250.000 which I don’t have. Please if anyone can give advise or know any media that could give this courage as I believe that if this was printed in national papers or tv then my voice would be herd. My details are below.

<<< snip >>>

Last edited by Noorah101; Oct 12th 2010 at 5:03 pm. Reason: Removed personal data
Old Oct 12th 2010, 5:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: me and my boys

Originally Posted by sparky35
Please if anyone can give advise or know any media that could give this courage as I believe that if this was printed in national papers or tv then my voice would be herd. My details are below.

<<< snip >>>
It's never a good idea to post your personal details on the internet. If someone can help you on a personal level, they will send you a private message here.

Getting your story printed in the media, in my layman's opinion, will not help you return to the USA.

When you applied for your adjustment of status, did you not also apply for an Advance Parole document that would allow you to be outside the USA while waiting for your AOS to process?

The boys seem old enough to travel now...they can come visit you in the UK, if you are unable to come to the USA for a visit.

Otherwise, it seems you are aware of all the options for coming to live in the USA...economy is not good in the USA right now, so it's hard to get a work visa, and it seems you don't have enough for an investment visa. How about a student visa?

Rene
Old Oct 12th 2010, 5:15 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you, Sparky. I agree with Noorah that you might try and get the boys to come and spend summers with you etc.
Otherwise, there doesn't appear to be an avenue open to you.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 6:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

This is one role of a poster that I don't particularly like. Your situation is far from unique and perhaps the only ones who might be interested are Brits who need another reason to shake their heads at the evils of US immigration.

From your narrative, it doesn't sound as if you were poor. You could have, should have, at the very least, obtained a consultation with an immigration attorney after the immediate refusal of your residency status at the I-485 interview. Did you not question why you were told to do things that way by the AO?

And before you up and left the US or even before your divorce, did you not think to ask for assistance from an immigration attorney?

I'm so sorry that you are separated from your sons and they from you. At least they are not toddlers any longer and can board a plane to visit with you in the UK or you can meet up with them in the Caribbean or Canada or anywhere in the world until your ban is lifted. Even at that point knowing the reason why you want to return to the US might throw a monkey wrench into your been approved for a tourist visa.

Perhaps if you remarry and have a home and family in the UK, those ties to our country will be the deciding factor that tips the scales to your side.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The past history immigration history is interesting, but the only thing that seems relevant is that you are likely to have a 10 year band expiring in 2012.

Presumably you have not been back since 2002?

What are your visitation rights? Have you been paying child support? Have the children been visiting you?

Being a Plaster would not give you any work immigration options, what is your trade/business what qualifications do you have?
Old Oct 13th 2010, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
The past history immigration history is interesting, but the only thing that seems relevant is that you are likely to have a 10 year band expiring in 2012.
I agree, ban should be over in 2012 based on what was posted. The good news is that unless there is something else in his immigration or criminal history, the ban will be over by the time the boys are old enough to sponsor him for an immigrant visa.

Other than that, I agree with what Rete had to say. Hindsight is 20/20.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 1:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

One wonders if the original "move" to the United States was as a tourist with an intention to stay longer. Perhaps this thread could be kept as a reference for those with similar ideas.

If an Immigrant Visa had been obtained before arrival in the United States, these problems would not have occurred.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparky35
we both then decided to move to America in which we did in June 1999, in July 1999 I filled my papers with an immigration attorney
As JAJ has noted, the order of these events is very unfortunate.

A lesson for others considering the "fast track" route.