Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Maybe walk a bit you dumb *****

Maybe walk a bit you dumb *****

Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:33 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maybe walk a bit you dumb *****

The US is the country built by the car, for the car.
Almost everywhere you live you need a car to get around so why sue the manufacturers for your poor town planning and the stupid mentality that sees single people driving back and forward to work in behemoth trucks and 'off-roaders', instead of smaller, less polluting vehicles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5365728.stm
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:45 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Maybe walk a bit you dumb *****

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
The US is the country built by the car, for the car.
Almost everywhere you live you need a car to get around so why sue the manufacturers for your poor town planning and the stupid mentality that sees single people driving back and forward to work in behemoth trucks and 'off-roaders', instead of smaller, less polluting vehicles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5365728.stm
Just about sums up the US mentality to me....take advantage of something or someone then when you've done with them screw them over and sue them just to wring the last bit out of them before kicking them on the scrap heap. Oh and dont take any personal responsibility for screw ups if you can in anyway pin it on someone else...and sue them.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:49 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

The lawsuit, lodged on behalf of the Californian people by state attorney-general Bill Lockyer, alleges that emissions from cars made by the firms in question account for 30% of all carbon dioxide emissions in California.

So who's responsible for the other 70%?

Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:51 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
don't look at me, i never did it
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:52 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
don't look at me, i never did it
It'd have to be a big truck.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:59 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Just about sums up the US mentality to me....take advantage of something or someone then when you've done with them screw them over and sue them just to wring the last bit out of them before kicking them on the scrap heap. Oh and dont take any personal responsibility for screw ups if you can in anyway pin it on someone else...and sue them.
Jesus.

Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:01 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Jesus.

don't remember that line in the bible
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Jesus.

Dont worry I wont....you can keep the place.

So you are saying theres no sueing and blame culture in the US then?
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
don't remember that line in the bible
Sorry, that shouldn't have sliped in there. I was watching The Big Lebowski while typing that...
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The lawsuit, lodged on behalf of the Californian people by state attorney-general Bill Lockyer, alleges that emissions from cars made by the firms in question account for 30% of all carbon dioxide emissions in California.

Attorneys and hummers ???
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Jesus.

Now lets get this right....California is blaming the car manufacturers for causing polution....the same car manufacturers they have been happily buying and promoting products from for over a century. So I guess next on the list will be to sue food manufacturers for being fat assed and suing drinks manufacturers for getting drunk....as I said, typical yank blame and sue.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:08 am
Thinking about it

Now lets get this right....California is blaming the car manufacturers for causing polution....the same car manufacturers they have been happily buying and promoting products from for over a century. So I guess next on the list will be to sue food manufacturers for being fat assed and suing drinks manufacturers for getting drunk....as I said, typical yank blame and sue.
Serious question - have gun manufacturers ever been sued by shooting victims ??
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:09 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I believe there is precedent - suing makers of ciggies...
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Serious question - have gun manufacturers ever been sued by shooting victims ??
No idea. ... but:

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/pubs/599guns.htm

Apparently they are thinking of doing it to recover cost of policing etc.

Actually I'm thinking of taking a pop at everyone thats got on my tits before I leave and then pinning it on the gun manufacturers claiming it was their fault....it's a long list of which there are several on here so I'll need some extra ammo.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:14 am
I approved this message

So you are saying theres no sueing and blame culture in the US then?
There definitely is and it bugs the hell out of me. It's a confluence of people who refuse to take personal responsibility and lawyers aching for some of that sweet, sweet class-action money.

This particular case has more to do with an absolutely insane state wanting to make a quick buck. California has never been exactly the most logical place, but they've gone off the deep end in the past few decades...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.