Marmalade

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:44 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marmalade

If you're struggling to find a decent marmalade over here, try this....apparently its "unbelievably good"..apparently......
Marmalade

you may want to up the limit on your credit card first...
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marmalade

that's insane

though that stuff that comes in the white jar over here ain't half bad...

and also was surprised to see that the stuff I'd gotten from an organic health store had corn syrup in it though..
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:43 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
that's insane

Thing is, they'll probbaly sell it ..... which is pretty obscene really....
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:45 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
that's insane

though that stuff that comes in the white jar over here ain't half bad...

and also was surprised to see that the stuff I'd gotten from an organic health store had corn syrup in it though..
Keillor's (spelling)? I like their ginger conserve.

My Mum still makes marmalade and sends me several jars each year. Yum!

NC Penguin
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin
Its funny, I was never really into marmalade when I lived in the UK. Then I found some in a supermarket in Singapore when we lived there, Tiptree extra chunky and had a strange urge to buy it. Now I love the stuff, but dont often see it. And I doubt I'll be getting a pot of this stuff in my christmas stocking....
Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:07 am
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
If you're struggling to find a decent marmalade over here, try this....apparently its "unbelievably good"..apparently......
Marmalade

you may want to up the limit on your credit card first...
Gordon Bennett..... How much......... I bet it tastes like the inside of Bin Laden's left sandal as well. Can't beat Robertsons and it's only a few quid.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:53 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

One of the benfits of Florida My wife makes it I'll do you a jar at $1000 any daft er takers?
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:07 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin
I like any of the brands of ginger preserve, I'll eat that with a spoon. When I came here, there were only sweet marmalades available so I thought I would make some, but it needs Seville oranges for good marmalade and I've not seen any here.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Rodney you plonker
Gordon Bennett..... How much.........

Can just imagine them coming up with this idea - lets bung it in a posh jar, add a sprinkle of some expensive whisky noones ever heard of, and charge em a hundred quid for it. No, hold on, that'll never work - too expensive for Joe Public and too cheap for the "rich idiot" market...make that a thousand quid and we'll all get rich...better yet, if they're rich/stupid enough to pay a grand a jar, lets make it 5 grand and they wont notice the difference.....
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is, they'll probbaly sell it ..... which is pretty obscene really....
I'll go try there cheap mans version...does sound good
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

...better yet, if they're rich/stupid enough to pay a grand a jar, lets make it 5 grand and they wont notice the difference.....
least the moneys going to charity...
Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
least the moneys going to charity...
Is it? I read that as meaning they'd initally intended to do a oneoff for charity, but now they're planning on making it a regular product....if its all for charity, then fair enough.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Is it? I read that as meaning they'd initally intended to do a oneoff for charity, but now they're planning on making it a regular product....if its all for charity, then fair enough.
I don't think they intended to make that exact product for the masses, more like somin' similar which would be more affordable, with champers and whisky...
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:04 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

You can get a big tin of oranges called Mamade and make that into your own marmalade. It doesn't have any crap in it. Just the seville oranges. We make it and put in our own whisky, ginger, lemon etc. Pain in the arse to boil it all up but it tastes bloody lovely.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't think they intended to make that exact product for the masses, more like somin' similar which would be more affordable, with champers and whisky...
Dont think many of the masses could afford the ticket! Be interesting to do a pepsi/Coke type taste test between it and normal marmalade and see which
won....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.