Manchester Arena

Old May 23rd 2017, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

jellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester Arena

Its heartbreaking, all those poor kids and their families :'(

UK threat level is now at Critical according to the latest news. 4 of the 22 victims have been named.
Old May 24th 2017, 12:03 am
Banned

jsted is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but I have to say UK politicians are inept they peddle out the same nonsense after every attack rather than getting tough. Enough is enough.

For whatever DT failings he seems spot on when it comes to dealing with ISIS etc Hit em hard and hit em tough
Old May 24th 2017, 12:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
Its awful, I can't wait to leave Europe!! I know it can happen anywhere but in Europe its every week :-( We were planning to take our kids into London before we leave in July, to get pics and have afternoon tea but its just too scary, again I know the risk of being involved is low but its just happening too much.
It is natural to have fears when attacks happen so close to home. It is also a parents instinct to try not to put their child into a dangerous situation but that is not the way to live your life. It can happen anywhere at anytime.

Try not to live your life in fear, your fear will be picked up by your kids. Enjoy your last weeks in the UK. If you think London is not a safe place right now then find somewhere else to have a fun day but please don't leave the country with thoughts and memories of the hatred of a few when there are so many good people and fun, picturesque special places to visit and remember.
Old May 24th 2017, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsted
Sorry but I have to say UK politicians are inept they peddle out the same nonsense after every attack rather than getting tough. Enough is enough.

For whatever DT failings he seems spot on when it comes to dealing with ISIS etc Hit em hard and hit em tough
Please explain how "hit em hard and hit em tough" would stop this kind of terrorist incident.
Old May 24th 2017, 12:22 am
Banned

Nowhere with crowds is safe! Look at nutcase in Times Square if you seriously unlucky then it can happen to anyone
Old May 24th 2017, 12:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

UK is now on the highest Security Level, Army may be used for routine security freeing up Police resources.

BBC said and I do not know if this is true that one plat a day is the average foiled, 100% success rate is obviously impractical.
Old May 24th 2017, 1:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Please explain how "hit em hard and hit em tough" would stop this kind of terrorist incident.
Monitor the networks, communications and movements of these people. Clearly they dont act alone and go after the sources. After this the gloves should be off and shouldnt be afraid to call this an 'Islamic' problem when incident after incident demonstrates it clearly is and when their leaders keep claiming it isnt it just adds salt to ever gaping wounds.
Old May 24th 2017, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Monitor the networks, communications and movements of these people.
You really don't think that is already happening?

"The UK has faced 13 serious terrorist plots since the murder of Fusilier Lee Rigby in May 2013, the Met police’s assistant commissioner and national lead on counter-terror policing, Mark Rowley, said in an BBC interview in March. But the list has grown by several more since then.

In addition to these plots and alleged plots, the police make arrests almost every week for lesser offences, from alleged support for terrorists to downloading terrorist-related material from jihadi websites."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...to-reach-syria

As Bolier posted, a 100% success rate in breaking up plots seems unlikely.

Clearly they dont act alone and go after the sources.
I don't think that's at all clear. From the same article:

"Sources pointed to a message posted earlier this month by Hamza bin Laden, the son of Osama bin Laden. He urged lone actors to seek martyrdom in the west, echoing the calls more frequently made by Isis as the group comes under intense military pressure in Iraq and Syria.

Hamza called on followers to “avenge” the “children of Syria”, the “widows of Palestine”, the “free, honourable women of Iraq” and “the orphans of Afghanistan”.

After this the gloves should be off and shouldnt be afraid to call this an 'Islamic' problem when incident after incident demonstrates it clearly is and when their leaders keep claiming it isnt it just adds salt to ever gaping wounds.
Meaning what exactly? And, really, calling it an 'Islamic' problem is somehow going to stop it?
Old May 24th 2017, 1:29 am
Banned

I think the Islamic community needs to look at themselves rather than just consistently distancing themselves from every single event.

This attacker clearly others knew what was he up to. I dont think one can create such a device alone without assistance and who radicalised him?
Old May 24th 2017, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

I saw plenty of the "Islamic community" of Manchester in tears, and in solidarity with their fellow Mancs. At the vigil tonight.

Did we condemn all the Catholics when the Catholic IRA blew up people and property through the 70's, 80's and 90's ? No they were just a very very tiny group of bastards, same here.
Old May 24th 2017, 2:37 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Islamic community needs to look at themselves rather than just consistently distancing themselves from every single event.

This attacker clearly others knew what was he up to. I dont think one can create such a device alone without assistance and who radicalised him?
The average Muslim knows as much or as little about the sources of terrorism as the average member of the C of E. Who knows what triggered this guy, but he apparently just returned from Libya where he obviously got his training.
Old May 24th 2017, 4:57 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

For once I have to agree with Trump. Extreme vetting should be routine for returning young Muslims who have absented themselves and have spent periods of that time in crap places like Libya, Yemen and Pakistan. They should also be notified that they are under surveillance 24/7. Too bad if they don't like it.

As for those who signed up with ISIS and later want to return to Europe they should never be allowed back
Old May 24th 2017, 5:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dc koop
For once I have to agree with Trump. Extreme vetting should be routine for returning young Muslims who have absented themselves and have spent periods of that time in crap places like Libya, Yemen and Pakistan. They should also be notified that they are under surveillance 24/7. Too bad if they don't like it.

As for those who signed up with ISIS and later want to return to Europe they should never be allowed back
Surveillance requires 30 officers, maybe more, cost, ouch.
Old May 24th 2017, 5:16 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Surveillance requires 30 officers, maybe more, cost, ouch.
I think an ankle bracelet would be adequate in tracking his or her daily movements
Old May 24th 2017, 1:24 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so terribly sorry for affected people and families in Manchester. This is a truly heinous crime. Given the expected demographics of this concert, this is a deliberate attack on children. Nothing could be more despicable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.