Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Man banned from home for 10 years

Man banned from home for 10 years

Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Man banned from home for 10 years

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/5386538.stm

"A father-of-seven has been banned from entering his home town of Lydney for 10 years after a judge imposed an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (Asbo)."

I would love to be a judge with the power to hand out ASBOs; I would dream up some strange rule and apply it to which ever criminal I took a dislike to.

Perhaps, I'd make someone only do a number 2 on the weekends.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:14 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man banned from home for 10 years

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

"A father-of-seven has been banned from entering his home town of Lydney for 10 years after a judge imposed an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (Asbo)."

I would love to be a judge with the power to hand out ASBOs; I would dream up some strange rule and apply it to which ever criminal I took a dislike to.

So basically he'll just be terrorizing people in a different city.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
You'd think threatning people with an axe would be enough to put someone behind bars...
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:23 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

You'd think that for repeat-repeat-repeat cases of child molestors, wife abusers, you name it we could go back to the old custom of branding them on the forehead. It would make things so much clearer to all involved.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

GaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ironporer
You'd think that for repeat-repeat-repeat cases of child molestors, wife abusers, you name it we could go back to the old custom of branding them on the forehead. It would make things so much clearer to all involved.
I think it might be more likely that (institutionalised) psychiatric treatment would solve those problems rather than a brand on the forehead. I'm not quite sure as to what constructive things any branding would actually accomplish...
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:12 pm
In sunny Calif

Red Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to allRed Cloud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GaryK
I think it might be more likely that (institutionalised) psychiatric treatment would solve those problems rather than a brand on the forehead. I'm not quite sure as to what constructive things any branding would actually accomplish...
Yes, but nowadays he'd have to agree to his psychiatric treatment - and as he is obviously a nutter there's little chance of that.

There are so many of these wastes of space (and tax payer's money) around why has no one set up a vigilante group to beat them severely around the head with a baseball bat on a dark and rainy night thereby saving us, and the criminal justice system, so much aggro. All these repeat offending paedophiles, yobs who gang up on someone and kicking them senseless, kids who terrorise old folk.

Hmmmm, I was wondering how to fill my time when I get back to blighty.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

They could send him to Florida ... to threaten people .....
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:04 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, doesn't really seem to be a particularly neighbourly thing to do now, does it...Forget asbos - if the guys as bad as he's painted, he belongs behind bars.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:22 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. Let's look at this from a bureaucrat's perspective, shall we?

Branding: £3.27 per brand or 10 for £25 from Brand'em & Hang'em Ltd. of Luton.
Psychiatric Treatment (non-institutionalised): £38,000 per year*
Psychiatric Treatment (institutionalised): £75,000 per year**

*until the subject disappears to live on the streets
**until released into the community due to budget cuts

Looks like a no-brainer to me. Branding all round, I say.

Why not start with the single mothers, binge drinkers and Council Tax evaders?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

It makes the proposer look "hard"
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:39 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
It makes the proposer look "hard"

Tough on crime - tough on the causes of crime...
Old Sep 28th 2006, 3:04 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Might get his attention as to what people object to about him,
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:01 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Might get his attention as to what people object to about him,
Bingo!! In addition, everybody around him would know what to be on the look out for- and keep their loved ones safe. It is forever, so there is no danger of budget cuts ending the program. It is fair- certainly it is less painful to be branded than to be raped or sodomized as a child. It is horribly gruesome and ghoulish, but it would be effective.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

On October 1, 2005 the state of Florida enacted a Shoot First Law, which allows gun owners who feel threatened to use deadly force.
"Individuals who are unfamiliar with Florida's roads, traffic regulations and customs, or who speak foreign languages, or look different than Florida residents, may face a higher risk of danger — because they may be more likely to be perceived as threatening by Floridians," according to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

"We think people visiting Florida should be aware of this law, and act accordingly," said Sarah Brady, chair of the Brady Campaign. "Visitors should be very careful about getting into an aggressive argument with anyone during their stay."

We welcome this type .....
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:31 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

I'd give an ASBO to people on here......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.