low moment..

Old May 2nd 2008, 10:29 am
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default low moment..

hello!
Had to come on because sometimes the people in 'real' life just don't understand. I have been back in England for 6 months now and really happy and glad I came back but today I was updating my computer and camera and downloaded a bunch of videos from the states- including one where I walked through our US house just after it had sold.
It just suddenly hit me that the home that I bought my two babies back to is no longer ours. It looked so lovely on film I had to have a few tears. I know its only material things but I think it is compounded by the fact we can't afford to buy here- let alone anything so big.
Sniff- just on a bit of a downer- and didn't want to talk to anyone but you guys because you mostly understand- (you won't tell me I was mad to come back- I hope!)
anyhow feel a bit better already.
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:44 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: low moment..

Ok, stop, think, the memories you carry with you in your heart, wherever they may have been captured, will always be with you no matter where you are in the world. So that memory of walking into your home with your newborn is still there, fresh in your heart, it's just the surroundings that have changed, not you or your baby, you're still together.

The possessions that we surround ourselves with mean very little when we compare them to our inner peace and happiness. These are priceless.

Go take a look at your children. Are they happy? Are you happy? if it's yes, than that is all that matters.
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:47 am
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Ok, stop, think, the memories you carry with you in your heart, wherever they may have been captured, will always be with you no matter where you are in the world. So that memory of walking into your home with your newborn is still there, fresh in your heart, it's just the surroundings that have changed, not you or your baby, you're still together.

The possessions that we surround ourselves with mean very little when we compare them to our inner peace and happiness. These are priceless.

Go take a look at your children. Are they happy? Are you happy? if it's yes, than that is all that matters.
thanks, I know you're right.
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hayley
hello!
Had to come on because sometimes the people in 'real' life just don't understand. I have been back in England for 6 months now and really happy and glad I came back but today I was updating my computer and camera and downloaded a bunch of videos from the states- including one where I walked through our US house just after it had sold.
It just suddenly hit me that the home that I bought my two babies back to is no longer ours. It looked so lovely on film I had to have a few tears. I know its only material things but I think it is compounded by the fact we can't afford to buy here- let alone anything so big.
Sniff- just on a bit of a downer- and didn't want to talk to anyone but you guys because you mostly understand- (you won't tell me I was mad to come back- I hope!)
i completely understand you.we left a beautiful house in england to move to a massive ,beautiful house in canada,only to come back here and rent for 8mths in a house we hate,in an area we love.
we were due to move into our new house last week.thats all up in the air now.it isnt the house we would have wished for ,but its a house.
the main thing is we are happy and together.when i see the Mccanns in their big house,but missing their beautiful daughter, i think how blessed we are to be in this postion.

its a bummer ,but its all bricks and mortar at the end of the day.

you'll get there eventually !!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Wise words there from Tracey! At the end of the day it is the people who make your life whole, not the stuff you have! Would you believe that when I go home for a holiday I go and visit the house we lived in in Bristol - nothing special but it was our first home and the one we were living in when DS1 arrived. It still has a place in my heart but we sold it many years ago. I've got the people who once lived in it so I am happy!

Hang in there and enjoy the beautiful spring weather - I bet it is gorgeous!
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Hayley nice to hear from you.

I think you are bound to have moments like this...when you miss a part of your life Stateside. Living in the US was a big part of your life...you can't erase it just like that...no matter how happy you may be to be back home.

Like Tracey said if you and your family are happy to be back in the UK...that's all that really matters. I know moving back is a struggle for many people...what with the high property prices etc...but give yourself time it will all come together you'll see.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:29 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

hello!
I was very attached to my house in the UK and then last year it came up for sale and, of course ,we couldn't afford it even if we had wanted to buy it.
But..I was so upset to see how it had been changed.
Like you I brought all my babies home from the hospital to that house, so much of our lives happened there..I loved that house.

We have bought a house here but it is much smaller than my old house and I don't really like it.
But as the others have said, your "home" is really your family.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

scbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud ofscbrit has much to be proud of

hello!
I completely understand where you are coming from, when I first came back to the UK I couldn't even look at the pictures, my family tried to make me like it was therapy!! I have been here a year and although I love it (most - some of it depending on the day!) we can't afford to buy here so we will eventually go back. I think when you are renting, it makes things worse, it can make you feel unsettled, it doesnt help when my 4 year old is know remembering his ride on car and his "big" garden...
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:45 pm
Banned

The Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant future

Move to Wigan love, that's the answer.

Oh and read my blog.
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

Hayley..... i really feel for you
I left a lovely home in the UK to come to Australia to find what i was missing in life it's taking me 3 years to realize it was all there right under my roof.......... i now feel trapped all the other members of my family are happy..it's just me that doesn't feel settled:unsure It's not all about bricks and mortar